News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Pissed about that...was gonna offer lots for Lights...would done 1st and 2nd next year for him. DAMN WORK>

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

The Lights deal was fine. Veteran leadership will do wonders for Mike....IF Lights is willing to play in the black hole that is Boise.

Ty

Great deal for mike, without doubt

Jon

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on January 23, 2013, 11:38:19 PM
I'm still trying to wrap head around Eddie lights and a second rounderer for the third pick. Aka, self destruction vegas

Self destruction is what happened to Hollywood & Boise last year.

I'm doing what I should have done when I took over the GM spot, start a new. Lights had no respect for me, he, along with Shack also ate up too much of my cap space to get anyone worth a damn around them to help out. Now I have the 3rd pick, 11th pick, and 26th pick in a talent rich draft class. I think Vegas will be alright. We'll be young next year, but it'll at least be my team... not Blade's.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on January 23, 2013, 11:39:21 PM
Pissed about that...was gonna offer lots for Lights...would done 1st and 2nd next year for him. DAMN WORK>

And this is why people should wait. The deal was good but it's always smart to wait a day or two to see if something better comes along.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Dungeon Master on January 23, 2013, 11:35:12 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

HOLD ON ONE SEC

AM I SEEING FRANCHISE....TALKING SMACK IN THIS THREAD? AND GIVING OUT ADVICE?

WHOA WHOA WHOA LETS PUT THE BRAKES ON RIGHT HERE

I've been dead on with everything I've said. I'm the best advice giver there is since more than anyone I know what not to do.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 23, 2013, 11:55:27 PM
And this is why people should wait. The deal was good but it's always smart to wait a day or two to see if something better comes along.

Normally I would... but I wanted that 3rd pick.

I probably should have waited to see if at least Josh or Rob had any interest, but if I was them, I wouldn't budge from the top 2 picks. I'm more than content with my decision.

I would have said no to Cory's 1st and 2nd pick for next season, which would have been unknown and I doubt the draft class would be as highly touted as the one for Season 11. I needed something in return for this season for Lights. I felt like Pick 3 in the draft was as good as I was going to get. I'll be able to start fresh and build around Shack now.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on January 24, 2013, 12:00:06 AM
Normally I would... but I wanted that 3rd pick.

I probably should have waited to see if at least Josh or Rob had any interest, but if I was them, I wouldn't budge from the top 2 picks. I'm more than content with my decision.

I would have said no to Cory's 1st and 2nd pick for next season, which would have been unknown and I doubt the draft class would be as highly touted as the one for Season 11. I needed something in return for this season for Lights. I felt like Pick 3 in the draft was as good as I was going to get. I'll be able to start fresh and build around Shack now.

That is logical. It was a good trade and you got a lot out of the deal. Smart move.

Mike Powers

Fuck the haters. I feel this trade was 100 percent right for both parties.

Strike

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 24, 2013, 12:20:34 AM
Fuck the haters. I feel this trade was 100 percent right for both parties.

I'm actually agreeing with it. Lights instantly provides Boise with stable leadership and a veteran presence and Jon can build Vegas under his own vision with Shack as the centerpiece and go from there.

Domingo

Hopefully Lights doesn't give Mike any crap.

Jennifer

See...

I can legitimately see the reasoning behind this trade.

But how is it going to look to the Vegas management, for their already under-pressure GM to be trading away a championship winning player - one of the only remaining pieces to the puzzle that won said championship, a multi-time all FBL SG and perennial MVP candidate?

Mull that one over.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jennifer on January 24, 2013, 01:00:02 AM
See...

But how is it going to look to the Vegas management, for their already under-pressure GM to be trading away a championship winning player - one of the only remaining pieces to the puzzle that won said championship, a multi-time all FBL SG and perennial MVP candidate?

Mull that one over.

Are you suggesting I might get some company in Mexico?  :P

Jon

Quote from: Jennifer on January 24, 2013, 01:00:02 AM
See...

Mull that one over.

It was a risk I had to take. Keeping him on the roster would have ended up costing me my job next season anyway. He doesn't like me, that he made clear at season's end. With him and Shack on my salary, I couldn't afford to get the pieces around them to form a Championship contender. I did what I had to do. If management wants to give me the boot still, then I at least set the next GM up with something good.

Domingo

Well, with the picks you have you should be able to find a SG that can score the points Lights did, as well as give you the defense Lights provided...the thing is knowing which one can do that. The thing about scouting reports, is that your asst coaches let you know how the particular players fit in your system, so getting one from someone else may not be beneficial to you as much as it would be the GM that offers it to you.