News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 03, 2013, 08:51:35 PM
Kinda can tell my heart aint into this game right now eh?

The off season killed me, I almost quit then. Between working off my phone and the language barrier, it just overwhelmed me. I cant bloody well seem to get any names right and seem to pay a price every time. This game has been draining the last week or so, it just aint as fun for me right now.

Sorry, but that is a load of bullshit and I am calling bullshit out on this. You havent done hardly anything in this game. I bust my ass to make this game run and you arent enjoying it because your team isnt brilliant.

Dont waste my time signing up then! I see this sort of negative posting and all your bullshit PMs back and forth with Franchise about trying to institute a team swap as crap.

There is NOTHING tasking about the game from your guys point of view what so ever so all this burnout talk, all your heart not being in it...honestly do not bother putting this in the FBL OOC thread. You barely GM'd last year, you have had the preseason and thats it this year...

and you dont have to do anything except post...no rping, no coding, no nothing.

If your looking for sympathy guess again pal.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

Law man laid down the law.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Damn straight Rob. I dont see how this game is a chore to anyone and if anyone doesnt think the want to play or doesnt have the time. Dont sign up. The instructions are on the tin. The game doesnt work if people dont have a committment to it.

Its the same bullshit you see when people sign up to tournaments or maybe a better example was Dorling's Ruins game where after the sparkly novelty wears off for a week people cant be fucked to put in some effort so they bail. I have probably accepted with e-fedding people do that over the last x years, and I call them out about it as well. In this case I specifically said dont sign up if you cant committ to the game. The same thing I have said to everyone. I brought in two new teams this year because there was an increasing demand for two new teams. I wanted guys like you and Josh to have a crack at playing and before all this happened I had commisioned for two more new teams next year (or in the future) if we had the numbers whos logos etc are on our server already.

I cannot express enough to people that it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to make this go right and I have no problem doing that with people who appreciate it. Not people who want to give up after 5 minutes because they probably realize they didnt do a good job and label it as 'pressure' or 'burnout'. Neither of those two words apply to this game, when at most you check in once a day and write a sentence.

What really fucking pisses me off is that Franchise was out of the game for storyline reasons for this season because he couldnt win a game for the last two. The game has to have a purpose of being accountable in character for winning and decision making or its a pretty dull game. I felt pretty damn guilty about Franchise being out of the game because of his enthusiasm for it, I came up with this in character idea to move him to Tijuana and have him rebuild his rep and had one of these expansion teams earmarked for him to take over next season. I had all this planned out and to see them behind the scenes with PMs trying to move a team from one to the other is a load of BS to me. Franchise is out of the game for a reason and TyTy was supposably signing up to a game to be committed to it.

If he didnt want to play he could have done it after the end of last season, but instead all my hardwork of all the stuff for his team is down the shitter because he feels 'burn out'. I could say a lot more harsh words than fuck off, but I wont.

My rant is pretty much done with this, but I am pretty sure I could put something like this together on a seperate site and with the right marketing charge people to play it. I dont want to do that on EFK, but if people are going to treat my hardwork and effort like shit they can drop when they cant be arsed, maybe I should ask people to pay so they feel committed to participating something they agreed to play.

Rob

I wouldn't mind paying to play, I have no issue with that at all. This is going off on a tangent a little bit but hey you hijacked my thread about homophobia and turned it into something about politics and Polish people so here you go, I don't think you could realistically say in the middle of season 11 or between season 11 and season 12, "hey you guys, I want to start charging you £5 a season" or whatever it is you want to charge people. I think there's enough people out there who realistically wouldn't mind paying at all and obviously have the desire and passion to pop on for 15-20 minutes every day at the absolute maximum to play, but alternatively, I think there'd be enough people unwilling to pay that it would shake up the league quite a lot. The only realistic fix to that would be re-start the league and randomise the player stats and personalities again, I think, although I can imagine that restarting the league in this way where everything is reset and changed could be a lot more effort than what you're in for.

I just don't think that as it is now on this forum you'd be able to find 17 other people that would like to pay for this. Although if you want to go for it then I'd say go for it. At least then everyone that signs up and pays will at least think "I should give this a proper go seeing as I've spent money to play this"
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

My paying thing is more of an idle threat if I am honest Rob. I don't doubt the committment of a lot of the people in this game, all I know is if I tied people into paying they would probably wouldnt sign up unless they werent keen and if they did flake at least I wouldnt feel like I was burned as much.

Rob

Fair enough. Is it worth in that case taking an even stricter approach to people playing the game and saying to those to do show some non-commitment "look, either you play or you don't play" immediately. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to bring in a few replacements.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon

I also wouldn't mind paying for it.

I have enjoyed being in the FBL in the short time that I have.

Appreciate all the hard work you put into this Ian. I think you know how much we all appreciate you though.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

I say you should actually think about making it an online game where people do have to pay for it.  I can honestly see people signing up to play the game.  The FBL could be a nice little income for you.

J-Reb

Agreed.  It's a fun concept - it's basically a MMORPG simulator.  Realistically, there isn't another game out there like it.  You have sims that have set parameters and eventually the playability levels bottom out.  However, the FBL maintains it because of the constant changing personalities and the human element of dealing with other GM's and characters.

I can't imagine the work it takes.  I have a hard time managing my personal and in-character Twitter account.  If I were you, I'd be walking around with hundreds of multiple personalty disorders. 

I understand Ty's frustration, however, he's brought a lot of it on himself.  You're playing a basketball sim where you're basically roleplaying as the GM.  If you wrote a RP and spent the majority of it getting your opponents name wrong, etc... you'd be knocked down a few points.  You have to find a few ways to make it easier for yourself (I use a physical notepad - I'm a doodler/scribbler by nature) and it helps me keep track of my own players.

Finally, I think it's important to note that this is a game.  If you aren't having fun, winning or losing, then it's probably time to hang it up and pass the team on to someone else.

Rob

Also with Josh Underpants, I don't want to be unfair to the guy because I understand he's not online a lot and when he is it's usually during the night when Ian's not online so there's that, but I can't help but question whether Josh is currently the right fit for the game?

I know it's a bit dicky of me to ponder but it's just something that's crossed my mind.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Justin

Quote from: Not Rob on February 04, 2013, 09:49:32 AM
Also with Josh Underpants, I don't want to be unfair to the guy because I understand he's not online a lot and when he is it's usually during the night when Ian's not online so there's that, but I can't help but question whether Josh is currently the right fit for the game?

I know it's a bit dicky of me to ponder but it's just something that's crossed my mind.

I think he's had a couple of personal issues happen, or at least I think I remember him posting that somewhere.  I say give him a couple more weeks of the season to see if it gets better. If not, then re-evaluate and look at other possibilities.  But I know as of now, he's tried to talk to both of his coaches and asked them the same exact question...don't see the point in that, but he's new to the game.

Rob

Must admit I've not seen him on Facebook at all, I sent him a message yesterday morning but I don't think he's been on since.
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

He's typically online when we're not.

Dorling

I massively appreciate all of the hard work you put in Ian, this is a very enjoyable game.

Having said that, I think people maybe get carried away with how seriously they take it at times. Don't worry, be happy and all that. It makes me cringe when I see the messages on here or in the shouty that are so impatient about Ian getting on and updating the threads. I think everyone needs to chill out a bit at times. Ian is a hard working guy and this takes a lot of time.

Ty

Not to sound like a dick or anything but this is a serious question, how can you only spend a few minutes a day playing this game? I spend probably like half hour a day minimum on this game. Granted, I play from my phone more often than not but still, are you guys just good enough at remembering all the names and histories to just jump in an post? I swear i've read every post posted in this game like 3 times and I still have to go back and read more history every time something happens.