News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

I know I made that spreadsheet, but I really only need that for offseason. During the season I would say that the only things I check is who I'm playing and listen to inside FBL.

I read the General News and pick up anything that needs to be looked at, check with coach and one, maybe two players if I feel the need. The season I won the FBL I just locked straight away for at least 3 weeks.

You don't need to know what's happening in other teams threads, just focus on your own 8 players. Inside FBL and General News are the indicators to how much work you need to do. Less is more.

Jon

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 04, 2013, 10:27:29 AM
Not to sound like a dick or anything but this is a serious question, how can you only spend a few minutes a day playing this game? I spend probably like half hour a day minimum on this game. Granted, I play from my phone more often than not but still, are you guys just good enough at remembering all the names and histories to just jump in an post? I swear i've read every post posted in this game like 3 times and I still have to go back and read more history every time something happens.

I spend more than 30 min. during the off season every day. But during the season... noth much time is needed. I just go off my spreadheets, etc.

But I enjoy FBL so much that I find myself reading threads from the beginning a lot. Trying to learn the history of players, etc. What works well, what doesn't.

As for names... I usually do remember them. But if I don't, I'll pull up my spreadsheet.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ty

Quote from: Dorling on February 04, 2013, 10:32:13 AM
I know I made that spreadsheet, but I really only need that for offseason. During the season I would say that the only things I check is who I'm playing and listen to inside FBL.

I read the General News and pick up anything that needs to be looked at, check with coach and one, maybe two players if I feel the need. The season I won the FBL I just locked straight away for at least 3 weeks.

You don't need to know what's happening in other teams threads, just focus on your own 8 players. Inside FBL and General News are the indicators to how much work you need to do. Less is more.

You dont keep up to date with everything happening in other team's threads?

Justin

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 04, 2013, 10:36:45 AM

Nope.  The only time I truly pay attention to another team's thread is in the offseason when I may be trying to sign someone as a free agent.  I will go to their previous team's thread and see how they acted.  Other than that I don't see the need to pay that close attention to another team's thread.  It has nothing to do with you.  You  have your 8 guys, if something is brought up in the News or Inside the FBL then deal with it and lock in.  Remembering stuff from other's threads won't help you.

Dorling

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 04, 2013, 10:36:45 AM

Not as a priority. You can't use what's going on in other teams threads in game anyway, if you try it will confuse your players and isn't in the spirit of play. So you therefore don't need to worry about it. Other teams threads only come into play at the end of the season, and sometimes not even then if the players have been in general news anyway.

The end of season stats and start of season PDFs are the most useful things by a mile.

I look at the results and stats to find patterns and set my tactics (people suffering poor matchups, players out of position etc). Everything else isn't needed.

Hondo

I'll read other teams' threads, but mostly as a spectator and fan of the game. I don't read for inside information, because all that stuff is given away in the General News anyway.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

I am just that good to remember everything.

I prioritize my thread and deal with my prompt first, and then read everything else.

Cory

Quote from: Dorling on February 04, 2013, 11:00:28 AM
Not as a priority. You can't use what's going on in other teams threads in game anyway, if you try it will confuse your players and isn't in the spirit of play. So you therefore don't need to worry about it. Other teams threads only come into play at the end of the season, and sometimes not even then if the players have been in general news anyway.

The end of season stats and start of season PDFs are the most useful things by a mile.

I look at the results and stats to find patterns and set my tactics (people suffering poor matchups, players out of position etc). Everything else isn't needed.

THIS

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

My other tip is don't spend so much time trying to wheel and deal. In 4 seasons in Virginia I got playoffs every year and won a championship and I traded 3 players with other FBL GMs.

Vraba for Fletcher
2nd round pick in season 7 draft for Ricky Hallmark
Ronko for Bonba Elbomu.

If you focus on your team and what you need, not what you might be able to get, you will end up only making trades that are good and serve a purpose.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I'm around, just had a rough week this week,  Store is going through layout changes so I just got switched for mid shifts to early morning shifts, so my sleep schedule got thrown off.  I try to respond to my thread as soon as I get home from work everyday, having the bad luck of going to sleep just before Ian gets back on.  Working on getting me an iPhone hopefully soon, can be more active than when I can check during my breaks
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Jon

I wouldn't be nearly as active if I didn't have my iPhone or any smart phone for that matter. It scares me everytime I post on it though... I it read over like 10 times to make sure Siri didn't change a word on me before submitting the post.

Rob

Yeah I have to do that, or I just read what's been posted and wait till I get to my laptop cause I'm sure I'll some way or another Kadeon will be corected to wanker or something
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon

OH SNAP!

Possibility of TWO more expansion teams next season as per Inside the FBL.

Birmingham Green Hornets

&

San Diego Seagulls

Will Franchise get the San Diego franchise he has wanted all along?

Exciting news for the FBL is these rumors hold true.

J-Reb

Quote from: Jon on February 05, 2013, 09:13:44 AM
OH SNAP!

Possibility of TWO more expansion teams next season as per Inside the FBL.

Birmingham Green Hornets

&

San Diego Seagulls

Will Franchise get the San Diego franchise he has wanted all along?

Exciting news for the FBL is these rumors hold true.

Hmm... I believe a certain former GM handled a tag-team named the San Diego Seagulls...

Ty

Burmingham Green hornets and the San Diego Seagulls

I like the Seagulls concept, I dont actually know where Burmingham is but I cant wait to see the logo.

Meh, the logo is going to be much better than that, I cant wait to see that one

Cant wait to see the real logos though