News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

I gotta defend Jag a little bit here, since everyone else seems to be railroading him.

At the end of the day, NO MATTER who he picked, there's always gonna be a snub. ALWAYS. Never fails. It's a thankless position to be in. If you put Dallas in, you have to leave Ty Williams out. Then you'd be up in arms over that.

Also, it's probably not the best thing in the world to load up an All-Star team with your own players. Karma goes a long way in this game, no need in upending things.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on February 26, 2013, 01:21:32 PM
I gotta defend Jag a little bit here, since everyone else seems to be railroading him.

At the end of the day, NO MATTER who he picked, there's always gonna be a snub. ALWAYS. Never fails. It's a thankless position to be in. If you put Dallas in, you have to leave Ty Williams out. Then you'd be up in arms over that.

Also, it's probably not the best thing in the world to load up an All-Star team with your own players. Karma goes a long way in this game, no need in upending things.

I never said his picks were bad, just interesting. I can see the logic of choosing who he chose.

jagilki

Corbin Dallas was on the bench list up until about 10 seconds before I pm'd Ian.

Black Death

not saying it was bad also ... but look at this way , he snub three of his starters  for guy on the bench.  Look at it through eyes of them ... They will wonder why he took a bench guy over them. They help lead the team to second place. Remember things are little overblown in the FBL. For something like this , you may have to be little selfish and think of your guys relationship toward you when comes to picks.  Honest I would put Dallas over Drummond and no one would have care that much. plus he left off a few other guys that quite honest should have been on that team

Not saying  he did wrong , but he may have open a can of worms for his team in the second half of the season that he did not need too ... that all
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Black Death

It was an extremely tough decision, understandable

all I am saying is that he could have hurt himself with the  omission of two of his stars ... even the news  story suggest they are not going to be happy about his picks.

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

Swap Griffin for Walton and Gravin for Allen and you basically have the team I'd have picked...

Also not batting an eyelash over omitting Drummond? Pfft, really? He's one of the best players in the conference.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Dorling

Quote from: Jennifer on February 26, 2013, 02:07:13 PM
Swap Griffin for Walton and Gravin for Allen and you basically have the team I'd have picked...

Also not batting an eyelash over omitting Drummond? Pfft, really? He's one of the best players in the conference.

Trouble is, it's not all about grades - I picked the best team to cover all positions based on grades, but lost. Gotta take into account performances more than anything. I haven't really been paying attention, but hasn't Drummond been suffering a bit with being in a short team and playing out of position at times?

Jennifer

I've not played him out of position. I was going to give it a try so he said no, so I shrugged and kept playing him at PF.

He's still consistently amongst the best performesr on my team. If I had a natural centre he'd be doing better, but he's getting double doubles on points and rebounds most games.

Dallas has been doing very well, admittedly, but I'm just saying that people would definitely notice if DS was left out entirely.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Justin

Quote from: Dorling on February 26, 2013, 02:09:41 PM
Trouble is, it's not all about grades - I picked the best team to cover all positions based on grades, but lost. Gotta take into account performances more than anything. I haven't really been paying attention, but hasn't Drummond been suffering a bit with being in a short team and playing out of position at times?

This.

T-Bonizzle

Get over it guys. It was his decision to make. Everyone has different philosophies on how to pick an All-Star team.

Rob

If anyone knows how to pick a team out of all you guys in the West I think it's probably Jag... Criticism is odd.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jennifer

...you guys realise I was criticising BD, not Jag?

jagilki

No, don't stop the conversation, keep it going.  It's not like any of this is personal.

Hondo

Quote from: jagilki on February 26, 2013, 02:41:55 PM
No, don't stop the conversation, keep it going.  It's not like any of this is personal.

Then let's make it personal.

The food you make at the gas station tastes like dirt and beard hair.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty