News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

Quote from: Trumpers on March 26, 2013, 07:30:20 AM
This is the updated deal I have for Shack

If you have a problem with it you can always bring it up with your league commissioner ;)

Their office door is always open

F that noise, he hates me! I'll just talk to his agent instead. If Shack is happy for 6 then fine, I just don't want Shack and his agent thinking I've committed them to a longer term deal than they wanted. If they just want three they can sign a new deal.

Dorling

Hey Hondage, I'll trade you Flan for Freddie so Freddie can get his 9 mil!

Hondo

lol, $1.3 mil and $3 mil extra PR is highway robbery JUST for the right to renegotiate next season.

If this is BD's fault, Im gonna kick him in the shins.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its quite interesting reading actually because there are teams who have one star player who arent fussed about throwing money at said star where as there are proper franchises who have a star and then other Pippenesque supporting star players.

So yeah BD paying 17 million for Mason Griffin a poor man's Troy Marshall says a lot.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

Some GMs get all jumpy and nervous and start throwing money around and then realize afterwards that they didn't put anybody else worth a damn around them.

Jon

No to mention whatever he paid Swoop.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Dorling

The secret is in the bargain players. The Elbomus, the Malukas, the Odemwuyios, the Remos, the Ronkos. If you have a couple of those, you can have more than one star player on the squad, earning relatively big money.

Justin

OFF-SEASON TRAINING

3 players, one training category apiece.  Or you can double up on one player meaning you can only choose two players.

Training Categories:

scoring, defense, passing, rebounding, and fitness.

Rob

To be fair I was prepared to offer Scott more than what I was asked for so I'm not too worried about that. In my opinion 13.5m for a ROTY is a great deal. Also, with Kradle gone I'm spending the same amount on PR with an extra .5 for Scott.

Either way, I'm prepared for next season.... I think.

I just hope Dusty and Bliss aren't complete busts.
SixersEagles

[/center]

J-Reb

Quote from: Trumpers on March 26, 2013, 07:53:50 AM
Its quite interesting reading actually because there are teams who have one star player who arent fussed about throwing money at said star where as there are proper franchises who have a star and then other Pippenesque supporting star players.

So yeah BD paying 17 million for Mason Griffin a poor man's Troy Marshall says a lot.

To be fair, in BD's case, he really had no other option.  If he lost Mason, he'd be up a creek.  He's Wyoming's best player...and with the way FA's gone over the past few seasons, he would have had very little chance at replacing him.

I guess he could have let him walk or tried to orchestrate a trade to one of the Super League teams, but he would've been lucky to win a couple games without Mason next season.

Justin

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on March 26, 2013, 08:06:35 AM
To be fair, in BD's case, he really had no other option.  If he lost Mason, he'd be up a creek.  He's Wyoming's best player...and with the way FA's gone over the past few seasons, he would have had very little chance at replacing him.

I guess he could have let him walk or tried to orchestrate a trade to one of the Super League teams, but he would've been lucky to win a couple games without Mason next season.

He left himself with no other option because of his skills as a GM, which makes our point even stronger.

J-Reb

Quote from: JustinP on March 26, 2013, 08:07:35 AM
He left himself with no other option because of his skills as a GM, which makes our point even stronger.

Touche.

Black Death

i got big shoulders ...if you need to blame me fine ...  what ever makes you feel better , don't bother me much ... I did what I did for my team . 

so yeah it all my fault ...

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Justin

Quote from: Black Death on March 26, 2013, 08:10:32 AM
i got big shoulders ...if you need to blame me fine ...  what ever makes you feel better , don't bother me much ... I did what I did for my team . 

so yeah it all my fault ...

For what it's worth, I haven't blamed you yet.  I will blame it on the business. :)

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"