News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

Quote from: Not Rob on March 28, 2013, 04:40:30 PM
First, Butch Paul will not be a free agent. He is a better player than Nik Bliss and will most likely start ahead of him now. Second, I don't see where I've taken a step back? Sure, Kradle was graded at C+ but he wasn't good enough to be a starter or a captain. Foster may have been fitter than Britches, that's yet to be seen, BUT, I have a better choice in captain in Apollo, I have a PF who actually plays in the PF position, that is undeniable. Aside from the Bliss trade I'd like to know where exactly I've fallen back? My bench this season might not be as strong but my starters are definitely a lot stronger.

Butch Paul and/or Nik Bliss would rate among the worst SG duos in the league.  You have Cunningham, Chang and Apollo - outside of that trio, there isn't much there. 

Rob

What has anyone said about Butch Paul being bad? I'm sorry but this I don't agree with, he was very good off the bench last season, undoubtedly being as cover for Kradle. Way I see it, even with the trio you mentioned plus the hinted rebounds and blocks of Britches and whatever Paul can offer, that's an upgrade.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Perhaps Rob, but it's not very often that inside FBL is completely wrong. Kradle was a good player misused, Paul is a role player - nobody said he was bad. Bliss isn't an upgrade to anything and Newton is very bad.

I hope you do well and perform above predictions, but I don't think, objectively that your team is better than last season.

J-Reb

Quote from: Dorling on March 28, 2013, 05:16:22 PM
Perhaps Rob, but it's not very often that inside FBL is completely wrong. Kradle was a good player misused, Paul is a role player - nobody said he was bad. Bliss isn't an upgrade to anything and Newton is very bad.

I hope you do well and perform above predictions, but I don't think, objectively that your team is better than last season.

You don't want to start Paul.  I did for a season... and it was pretty rough.  Find a way to 'solve' Bliss.

Mike Powers

If I had Bliss, I'd ask him what was the root of his paranoia (not in those words, lol).  Try to get to the ultimate cause of why he feels that doomsday is around the corner, then help him overcome that issue.

That's just me though.

Dorling

I'd tell him that if he didn't play great basketball then 'they' would get him.

Strike

Quote from: JackHondo on March 28, 2013, 04:47:11 PM
One thing you have to remember is Ian knows a lot more about what's happening with these teams that even we do. And the Inside the FBL isn't just an entertainment piece, it also offers clues and hints into the game itself. So if the ItF guys are saying someone is about to make a mistake, heed the warning.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!

Mike Powers

Quote from: Dorling on March 28, 2013, 05:26:03 PM
I'd tell him that if he didn't play great basketball then 'they' would get him.

Really?

Dorling

Hell yeah. Turn a weakness into a strength. This is how I got people like Joey Street, Ronko and Jordan Brandon playing great basketball. Get Joey to use his loud mouth by giving him a rap record, use Ronko's aggression and limited intelligence to set weekly, rebound based challenges, talk directly to Jordan Brandon's imaginary friend Brian.

Think outside that box.

Mike Powers

I would think that that approach would set him off and make him even more crazy.  Interesting.....

Dorling

Dammit man you're a GM not a doctor! It's all about basketball!

I bet Rob could convince him to live at the arena and spend all of his time practicing. You could have a 7 man away team but this supernaturally great player when you're at home.

Rob

Well I've got 6 weeks plus to figure out how I will approach him
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

I think Ian likes to award creative approaches - it's easy to do the same thing over and over again, relying on the team doctor or something like that.

Just remember when you give him a record, make sure he knows he's not allowed to call the first single 'jizz on your mother.' Yeah, I've been there.

Strike

Quote from: Dorling on March 28, 2013, 06:00:07 PM
I think Ian likes to award creative approaches - it's easy to do the same thing over and over again, relying on the team doctor or something like that.

Just remember when you give him a record, make sure he knows he's not allowed to call the first single 'jizz on your mother.' Yeah, I've been there.

I loved Joey Street so much when he was around.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Dorling on March 28, 2013, 06:00:07 PM

LMFAO!! Love your suggestions. Wonder if that song is available on itunes