News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

Quote from: Dorling on April 01, 2013, 03:09:52 PM
Ian will never allow in season trading as it makes it too much work for him. I don't like the idea, it will slow the game down horribly.

Yeah, you do that, then some GM douche like me will allow all of the best players on to my team.

Take ALLLLLLLLLL the discarded players.

I mean, if it's gonna make the team better, then why not? It's been proven that being able to establish a connection to one of those European teams (and keeping it) is actually a good thing - the Bob Breaker for Larry Hardaway deal in Kentucky to make room for Bishop's contract is kinda proof of it.

T-Bonizzle

Lock in faster. Don't give people the opportunity to steal your shit.

¿PapaPancho?

Happy players don't leave their teams. Simple as that.

GM Franchise

Quote from: PapaPancho on April 01, 2013, 03:55:29 PM
Happy players don't leave their teams. Simple as that.

You might be onto something with this.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

jagilki

That doesn't mean blow your players in the locker room.

Rob

Thats ridiculous, I didn't have a chance to work with Bliss one way or another
SixersEagles

[/center]

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Rob on April 01, 2013, 07:49:18 PM
Thats ridiculous, I didn't have a chance to work with Bliss one way or another

Okay I'll ammend this. Happy and unbroken players don't leave their teams.

Jon

Just a friendly reminder... Make sure you list your entire bench when locking in.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ty

Quote from: Jon on April 02, 2013, 10:30:39 AM
Just a friendly reminder... Make sure you list your entire bench when locking in.

I dont have an entire bench jerk :p

Rob

Then you need to sign one like I did
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon

Ty's no trade clause during his contract renegotiation with Walton had me thinking.

What if we had some sort of clause in our contract that didn't allow Europe to take our players. Like a no release clause or something along those lines.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on April 03, 2013, 10:12:29 AM
Ty's no trade clause during his contract renegotiation with Walton had me thinking.

What if we had some sort of clause in our contract that didn't allow Europe to take our players. Like a no release clause or something along those lines.

That is an idea worth looking into.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

That idea is what led me to add the no trade clause

I noted two flaws in the no spain clause 1) Nobody would go for it, agents would almost certainly say no and 2) There isnt a way to in force it. With the no trade clause, it seems more of a gentlemen's agreement (of course, with severe consequences should I break my end. I think its been discussed before, we should keep it simple and contracts should only be years amount and pr with the possiblility of a tangible benefit (i.e.: starter, captain, wont sign X player etc)

Dorling

Quote from: Jon on April 03, 2013, 10:12:29 AM

European League doesn't play by the same rules so the clauses would be meaningless.

Ty

The game has changed, there wont be a quick fix for it. Us bottom half gms will half to play smarter, tighter, wiser to overcome