News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 02:50:33 AM
Hmm...  wait, thats a catch 22. I cant trade him or accept the trade...

Im a  habs fan, screw both teams

Okay...let's try this instead:

Patrick Roy and Mike Keane for Jocelyn Thibault, Martin Ručínský, and Andrei Kovalenko,

GM Franchise

Quote from: Rob on June 08, 2013, 02:57:01 AM
Realistically you just need a good knowledge of the players going in. I drafted in some good players but they ended up playing out of position or started when they shouldn't. Your knowledge should help you in that aspect.

This is true. I remember I put out a list of guys to go after pre-draft out of the expansion draft list and you picked the bulk of them compared to Josh. The only thing that did hurt you was the position thing but you did end up making the playoffs so that worked out pretty good for you that season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Quote from: Chris Strike on June 08, 2013, 02:57:28 AM
Okay...let's try this instead:

Patrick Roy and Mike Keane for Jocelyn Thibault, Martin Ručínský, and Andrei Kovalenko,

Ouch... my trades have always been good trades. I was Colorado, remember Bolak

Triple B

Here's a question...

So, it was mentioned that chemistry is a big thing.  How is that scored, as in... where do I find out how these guys COULD mesh together ?
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

GM Franchise

Only Ian knows that information. He's the only one who could answer that. It's more along the lines of how well they play together and isn't scored.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 03:02:10 AM
Ouch... my trades have always been good trades. I was Colorado, remember Bolak

Dude, that was all Rebel, not me. <_<

Ty

Quote from: Triple B on June 08, 2013, 03:09:21 AM
Here's a question...

So, it was mentioned that chemistry is a big thing.  How is that scored, as in... where do I find out how these guys COULD mesh together ?

More or less, time is the big one. If you dont mess up and change things all the time, things should be fine. Also, if you say, 'x player is better than y', it causes dissension. The longer they play together, the better chemistry and morale is

Problem players create problems, team players create good teams

Strike

Quote from: Triple B on June 08, 2013, 03:09:21 AM
Here's a question...

Good coaching plays a part in it. Also being able to manage your players accordingly, keeping them upbeat and all does help.

Chemistry played a part for me last season where things clicked after the All-Star Break and I ended up winning 8 in a row before getting stopped in the playoffs.

Ty

Quote from: Chris Strike on June 08, 2013, 03:12:19 AM
Dude, that was all Rebel, not me. <_<

lol, no worries. No saying was you. Just saying, Im colorado :)

Strike

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 03:14:23 AM

Oooooohhhhhh. Right.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 03:13:30 AM
More or less, time is the big one. If you dont mess up and change things all the time, things should be fine. Also, if you say, 'x player is better than y', it causes dissension. The longer they play together, the better chemistry and morale is

Problem players create problems, team players create good teams
Quote from: Chris Strike on June 08, 2013, 03:13:58 AM
Good coaching plays a part in it. Also being able to manage your players accordingly, keeping them upbeat and all does help.

Chemistry played a part for me last season where things clicked after the All-Star Break and I ended up winning 8 in a row before getting stopped in the playoffs.

All of these things are a factor in what happens. How you manage things overall also is a factor, meaning contracts, have few problem players, win games, etc.

Ty

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 03:14:23 AM

If there is a player named Aron Hindros, we know James is gonna trade him and win the cup afterwards

GM Franchise

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 03:17:44 AM
If there is a player named Aron Hindros, we know James is gonna trade him and win the cup afterwards

I don't follow hockey too well so I don't get the reference but it sounds similar to Lindros and I do remember hearing that name before.

Ty

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 08, 2013, 03:20:17 AM
I don't follow hockey too well so I don't get the reference but it sounds similar to Lindros and I do remember hearing that name before.

He was supposed to be the next Gretsky (Troy Marshall), got drafted by Quebec City (unpopular french city, your team in the scenario), refused to play, Quebec traded him and got an amazing set of players.

End result: Quebec became Colorado and won the cup, Eric busted

GM Franchise

You mean the Nordiques?