News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 22, 2013, 11:16:25 AM
The Waves thing surprises me considering how out of nowhere it happened. Didn't think this would happen at all.

In hindsight I should have waited til the playoffs were locked up and rested them the last week, but with news reports kept talking about burnout so I went ahead and did it.

Justin

Shields...dude what are you doing?  Cut Cross loose.  He's already been to see Dr. Refined and it hasn't worked.  You just lost a solid coach because of it.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Cory on June 22, 2013, 07:21:20 AM
Ugh tho Bone is right. Y'all gotta use some strategy, giving a top team like Vegas a trade like that, man.

And uh oh Justin

When it's the best trade I have available for a player I have to move as was evident in me resigning Robbie Wright I don't care about what it does for his team but what it does for mine. 

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 22, 2013, 11:16:25 AM
The Waves thing surprises me considering how out of nowhere it happened. Didn't think this would happen at all.

BIG SURPRISE!!  How do you even get a fair trade for all three?

Quote from: JustinP on June 22, 2013, 11:20:36 AM
Shields...dude what are you doing?  Cut Cross loose.  He's already been to see Dr. Refined and it hasn't worked.  You just lost a solid coach because of it.

QFT

Jennifer

It nets you Remo, who has been inconsistent and stroppy, and a very late first rounder.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Quote from: PapaPancho on June 22, 2013, 11:21:37 AM
When it's the best trade I have available for a player I have to move as was evident in me resigning Robbie Wright I don't care about what it does for his team but what it does for mine. 

BIG SURPRISE!!  How do you even get a fair trade for all three?

QFT

I agree on the trade thing. McCool wants out if the Steamers too. Maybe trade one for him and then trade the other two in separate deals.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jennifer on June 22, 2013, 11:24:25 AM
It nets you Remo, who has been inconsistent and stroppy, and a very late first rounder.

So basically it was a Franchise Trade? :P
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

It's only a terrible trade in that it boosts the Aces, not that it's bad for Pancho.

Jennifer

No I really actually feel it's kind of bad for Pancho too. I hate it from both angles, lol. I just don't rate Remo very much and at 7 million he's now overpaid.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Justin

Quote from: Jennifer on June 22, 2013, 11:31:20 AM
No I really actually feel it's kind of bad for Pancho too. I hate it from both angles, lol. I just don't rate Remo very much and at 7 million he's now overpaid.

I actually think he's in good position.  Remo would have never been able to shine with Lights and Shack.  He's proven this season that he can play and without playing under Shack's shadow he can really flourish.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jennifer on June 22, 2013, 11:31:20 AM

Yeah he's not worth 7 mil. Maybe 4 or 5 at the most.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Jennifer on June 22, 2013, 11:24:25 AM

Remo wasn't a Vegas type player.  He clearly didn't like Shack as was evident in the team meeting.  He's young enough that any damage wouldn't be permanent.  But more importantly than what I got in the trade I got the security of Wright back and signed on for the same contract.  Won't know how good or bad the trade was for either team till it plays out next year but enough has already happened this year that I feel good about it.

Quote from: JustinP on June 22, 2013, 11:32:27 AM
I actually think he's in good position.  Remo would have never been able to shine with Lights and Shack.  He's proven this season that he can play and without playing under Shack's shadow he can really flourish.

And then you went and Ninja'd me.  The Iron Lady indeed.

Black Death

oille not worth 8 million 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

Maybe not to you. But from what I've seen, there is a HUGE intangible when it comes to the relationship with GM/Coach and Team/Coach. I think it was a fair price for Pancho and the Blades.

Black Death

if pancho willing to pay that hey more too power  him , but honest think he got hoodwinked.  Just my opinion 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

I think this is one of those situations where it'll show over time if it was worth it or not.