News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

The #18 pick getting $10.5 million! That's crazy! 

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Justin

Hondo...you need to do your PR campaigns, lineup, training, etc.

Mike Powers

It astounds me that Nigel Bobblecock is still on the board.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 11, 2013, 04:57:57 PM
It astounds me that Nigel Bobblecock is still on the board.

It shocks me too. Lol
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Domingo

Strike

Seattle wants their starting member.

Alex Smiley

My lack of basketball knowledge is showing.

Is there information on some of the stuff needed for locking in?

Stuff like

6th man (as opposed to the rest of the bench)
Team Ball
Rotational Policy

etc etc

Or, is anyone willing to baby me just a little and explain that stuff? lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Domingo

If no one answers this I will help you with it. I'm at work right now and limited on time.

Stoner

Quote from: Domingo on July 11, 2013, 05:36:58 PM
If no one answers this I will help you with it. I'm at work right now and limited on time.

If you could just post that information for all newer players, that'd be great.

:grouphug:

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

GM Franchise

6th Man  is the first guy off the bench, Alex.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Quote from: GM AlexK on July 11, 2013, 05:27:59 PM

Stuff like

Team Ball
Rotational Policy

etc etc

Pretty well, pick who you feel is most likely to be your starting line and 6th man.

The minutes choose whether you want to focus on starters or if want rotation (rotate the bench in). A team like Pitsberg thats deep would choose rotation and Hayseeds who are a family enviorment while a team like Waves last season who were focused on individual accolades and had a weak bench would choose to focus on starters. If you have a weak bench, focus on starters.

A team like the waves last season or the diamonds would focus on getting the ball to their key players who can score lots of points. A team like pitsberg or the wolves who rely on team play would play team ball.

Another thing to keep in mind is PR. Each player with a PR budget needs a tag line for their PRs. That will be the piece that promotes them. Its got to be original, makes them sound/look good, and is catchy. Usually a pun off their name or what distinguishes them. (Bolak Huir's was the whatever country he was, Ukrainian Wall and Redford\s Shack's is Shack-Pot to show how getting him from a trade was the winning piece of the gambling themed Aces.). Ones that have bombed were generic or just confusing ones. Keep it simple

Justin

Stuff like

Team Ball
Rotational Policy

etc etc

Once your roster is filled you will need to lock in for the offseason.  This includes setting your lineup (or at least what you think it will be), which would be your starting five, 6th man (first player off the bench into the game) then 7th and 8th.  You will also need to decide if you want to play mostly starters or rotate your guys as well as do you want to have a team ball concept where everyone shares the rock, or do you want only a few players doing most of the shooting.

You can send any three of your players to training.  The categories are offense, defense, passing, rebounding, and conditioning.

Then if any of your players have PR money then you will need to come up with a PR campaign.

You will need to select a team captain.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Strike

Stuff like

Team Ball
Rotational Policy

etc etc

The free agents thread cover some of the aspects of the lock-in for the offseason/training camp, but basically to plug in on your info once you get all 8 players:

Training

Pick 3 players, you can send them to one of these five specialized trainings:

Shooting, passing, defense, stamina/conditioning or rebounding

PR Campaigns

(Set your PR Campaigns with all the players you got PR on)

Line-Up

Starters

PG:
SG:
SF:
PF:
C:

Bench

6th Man
Bench
Bench

Minutes Strategy: Play mostly starters or rotation of players?
Play Style: Focus on a few players (mainly starters) or team ball?

T-Bonizzle