Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Oh Alex, Ill show you this

Sy Rogers -- Sy The Great!
Caleb Toom -- Caleb "The Tower of Doom" Toom
Rolly Pounds -- There is no distance long enough for "Rolly Range"
Kolo Rolo -- "The Super Resistor"
Rik Kluff -- "The Wall of Holland"

Bamba Smalls: Smalls was a revelation last year. Loved his play. He was an assist machine. Every assist was like a victory in itself and as we know 'Small Victories win the War.'

Eddie Lights: Eddie was majestic in his performances as captain, taking us to the playoffs. He lit up the court and the faces of the fans. You've all heard of the Northern Lights but out in this conference everybody comes to see the 'Great Western Lights.' On game nights he twists, turns and sparkles like a natural phenomenon.

Redford Shack: Last year we advised you to put it all on Red and Shack didn't disappoint. The man is focused and is back again, bigger and better. With the arrival of new faces and a team of players designed to get the best out of the big man, the Western Conference is facing it's 'Red Dawn.' The age of Shack and the Aces has truly begun and a red revolution is sweeping the courts.

Dorlings all got great responses, Justin's (the first 5) all bombed.

Dorling thought his out, used his history and the history of the league, related them back to the team and their roles and contributions. Justin's seemed quick and thrown together. DOrling is going into the season full of momentum, Justin's team will take a bit longer to mesh

Mike Powers

6th man = Your top player off of the bench.  Gets more minutes than other bench players.  Usually a guard, but not always.

Team ball = If you play team ball, then your offensive philosophy will be to distribute among all 5 players on the court.  Good for teams that have a solid starting 5, but no real scoring superstar(s)

Focus on a few = Opposite of team ball.  You have 1-3 awesome players, and they get a lot more of the offensive focus.

Rotational Policy = The bench players get a solid amount of in game time.  Conversely, your starters spend a little more time on the bench, thus keeping them fresher the longer the season goes, and reduces the chance of injury.

Play Mostly Starters = Opposite of Rotational Policy.  Just like it says.  The Starting 5 play most of the game, while the bench only comes in sporadically.  Better for teams that have a weak bench.  The cost is the fact that older players will fatigue as the season goes on, and the risk of injury increases.

Justin

Quote from: Who is TyTy? on July 11, 2013, 05:54:34 PM
Oh Alex, Ill show you this

Sy Rogers -- Sy The Great!
Caleb Toom -- Caleb "The Tower of Doom" Toom
Rolly Pounds -- There is no distance long enough for "Rolly Range"
Kolo Rolo -- "The Super Resistor"
Rik Kluff -- "The Wall of Holland"

Bamba Smalls: Smalls was a revelation last year. Loved his play. He was an assist machine. Every assist was like a victory in itself and as we know 'Small Victories win the War.'

Eddie Lights: Eddie was majestic in his performances as captain, taking us to the playoffs. He lit up the court and the faces of the fans. You've all heard of the Northern Lights but out in this conference everybody comes to see the 'Great Western Lights.' On game nights he twists, turns and sparkles like a natural phenomenon.

Redford Shack: Last year we advised you to put it all on Red and Shack didn't disappoint. The man is focused and is back again, bigger and better. With the arrival of new faces and a team of players designed to get the best out of the big man, the Western Conference is facing it's 'Red Dawn.' The age of Shack and the Aces has truly begun and a red revolution is sweeping the courts.

Dorling thought his out, used his history and the history of the league, related them back to the team and their roles and contributions. Justin's seemed quick and thrown together. DOrling is going into the season full of momentum, Justin's team will take a bit longer to mesh

Yeah, you should put more thought into them than I do. 

Mike Powers

Justin, you have a PM good sir.

Justin

Oh my bad, I thought I replied.  Not sure if I can still trade with me being locked in.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on July 11, 2013, 06:04:14 PM
Oh my bad, I thought I replied.  Not sure if I can still trade with me being locked in.

You can't as far as I know. Once you lock in, you forfeited all remaining picks.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

Quote from: Jon on July 11, 2013, 06:08:17 PM
You can't as far as I know. Once you lock in, you forfeited all remaining picks.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mike Powers

T-Bonizzle

Yea but reduced picks means undrafted players go to free agency and you can just sign whoever outright

Alex Smiley

Thanks guys, it's much appreciated.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mike Powers

Anyone have an updated Free Agent list?

Dorling

Quote from: Who is TyTy? on July 11, 2013, 05:54:34 PM

Dorling thought his out, used his history and the history of the league, related them back to the team and their roles and contributions. Justin's seemed quick and thrown together. Dorling is going into the season full of momentum, Justin's team will take a bit longer to mesh

I do tend to get good responses from my PR campaigns (never had a red one) most of the time (not to mention coming up with the Air Marshall tagline for Troy Marshall) so if you're having any trouble hit me up. My Marketing degree might not have a lot of impact on my professional life but it comes in handy for fantasy basketball.

Ty

Quote from: Dorling on July 11, 2013, 06:39:12 PM
I do tend to get good responses from my PR campaigns (never had a red one) most of the time (not to mention coming up with the Air Marshall tagline for Troy Marshall) so if you're having any trouble hit me up. My Marketing degree might not have a lot of impact on my professional life but it comes in handy for fantasy basketball.

If I would have got Marshall, I would have used 'The Court Marshall' as the tagline with one man army being the flavour. How'd have that flown in your opinion

Dorling

Quote from: Who is TyTy? on July 11, 2013, 06:40:44 PM
If I would have got Marshall, I would have used 'The Court Marshall' as the tagline with one man army being the flavour. How'd have that flown in your opinion

I think it would have worked, albeit with the Marshall in Air Marshall being different to the Martial in Court Martial. But it's a good pun and if you put a bit of blurb with it to justify your choice it usually goes down pretty well.

Cory

...and with Jons pick my draft has gone to shit.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE