News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

I don't think you've said much to them B. Look at the other threads. For example, I've made a point of speaking to at least one player per week, plus engaging the coach. Your interaction has been minimal.

Triple B

Every week I ask Greg how the team is holding up, and he rarely answers me. 
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Dorling

Quote from: Triple B on August 22, 2013, 12:01:30 PM
Every week I ask Greg how the team is holding up, and he rarely answers me. 

He's your captain on the court B, not your coach. He can't speak for the other players. Again, have a gander at other threads, nobody leans on their captain for anything other than on court. You especially don't no sell your coach to talk to your captain instead.

Talon

You have to build relationships with the coaches and players, I keep expecting good responses from my guys and alot of times I only get a "uh-huh" or "Ok"  but its because you have to earn the trust and respect of the team and coaching staff.

We have to put in a lot more work than we get back from the guys, but if you do it right and start putting it all together you get to the levels of relationships like The Waves, Blades, Stars, and Seeds have where you get your coaches and players to actually open up and talk and help with decisions etc.

Just my .02 on the matter though, I'm 1-3 so take it for what its worth.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Black Death

not just Greg , you got other players

Your a Boss man , you have to talk to your employees ,  find out there problems or stress . get there work output to peak efficiently.

Greg does not feel you care ... so he barely speaks to you
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Triple B

I just don't get this entire game.  It's very put-offish for someone new to it that has no idea what to do.  If it wasn't for some of you guys sending me PMs in the beginning and helping, I'd probably be playing myself on the court right now.

But every week I would check in with Vlad and Greg.  At the first I was told that talking to multiple people distracts them.  Greg wouldn't answer.  Then all of the sudden they all hate me.  Now out of the blue Vlad is a "poison" to my team and might be jumping ship?  I don't get it.  So now I'm going to go in and try talking to them all, and mark my words that now they'll take that wrong somehow.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Talon

Quote from: Triple B on August 22, 2013, 12:14:00 PM
I just don't get this entire game.  It's very put-offish for someone new to it that has no idea what to do.  If it wasn't for some of you guys sending me PMs in the beginning and helping, I'd probably be playing myself on the court right now.

But every week I would check in with Vlad and Greg.  At the first I was told that talking to multiple people distracts them.  Greg wouldn't answer.  Then all of the sudden they all hate me.  Now out of the blue Vlad is a "poison" to my team and might be jumping ship?  I don't get it.  So now I'm going to go in and try talking to them all, and mark my words that now they'll take that wrong somehow.

Worst comes to worst, you can apply for the Roswell gig.

On the bright side, you had one of the best coaches in the game come to you to work, bring an AC and two highly rated players. 

It'll even out, just gotta talk to folks, always address your general news story (just dont believe everything you read, IE the Lincoln Fraizer story with Montana) and manage the problems as they come.  You have to be the diplomatic general manager who doesnt ruffle his players or coaches feathers.  I keep trying my damnedest to get my coach to open up, but he hasnt yet, but Im still working at it.  Its definitely a process.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Jon

Honestly, reading team threads like the Aces, Hayseeds, and Colonials will help you in bunches. Sort of like a guideline of what to do.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Dorling

You're probably overthinking it mate. Just treat the players as individuals and convey to them that you care and you're golden. I know I didn't send you any advice by PM, but then none of the new guys ever ask me for advice! If you need assistance let me know. I know nothing about basketball and I've managed to get the best winning record somehow.

I can't recommend enough reading the threads of the most successful teams.

Jon

TRIPLE B...

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triple B

There needs to be an in-depth guide to how to play this game.  It's too much guesswork.

Triple B

J-Reb

Quote from: Triple B on August 22, 2013, 12:25:22 PM
?

I think he's lamenting that you just addressed the entire team.  I think guys have told you 4-5 times that you need to do it ONE at a time.

Jon

Quote from: Triple B on August 22, 2013, 12:25:09 PM
There needs to be an in-depth guide to how to play this game.  It's too much guesswork.

It's either you read other game threads to get a feel for it. Or you learn from growing pains. Ian isn't going to paint the yellow brick road for you to succeed in the game. How you play the game is up to you.

Justin

Not all at once dude.  Let the coach give his remarks after your press conference then talk to each player individually!!!!