News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

So, i was thinking and the comparison was brought up how the FBL works sorta like soccer (football for you non-american bastards <3) in terms of the contracts.

Now, I don't know enough to be sure of it, but doesn't soccer have a transfer window that's open for a bit of the season and closed for the rest? Now with only 10 games it doesn't make sense for that, but I think with a 20+ schedule next season, that maybe a transfer window is feasible? I mean something along the lines of from weeks 8 to 14 (or close to midseason for the SL) you can sign one year players, after that no more and then you go into free agency, there's some fun offseason bidding wars

Maybe I'm over-complicating the FBL, making it tougher on Trumps but I'm just throwing ideas out there (mainly because this player stealing just annoys me and the part I love about sports is the personal part of it)

Also, for people getting 2K, if we don't do a FBL type thing, we can do an online league with the NBA teams either way, which would be cool

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on August 27, 2013, 10:42:02 PM
So, i was thinking and the comparison was brought up how the FBL works sorta like soccer (football for you non-american bastards <3) in terms of the contracts.

Now, I don't know enough to be sure of it, but doesn't soccer have a transfer window that's open for a bit of the season and closed for the rest? Now with only 10 games it doesn't make sense for that, but I think with a 20+ schedule next season, that maybe a transfer window is feasible? I mean something along the lines of from weeks 8 to 14 (or close to midseason for the SL) you can sign one year players, after that no more and then you go into free agency, there's some fun offseason bidding wars

Maybe I'm over-complicating the FBL, making it tougher on Trumps but I'm just throwing ideas out there (mainly because this player stealing just annoys me and the part I love about sports is the personal part of it)

Also, for people getting 2K, if we don't do a FBL type thing, we can do an online league with the NBA teams either way, which would be cool

Don't want your players stolen? Keep em happy.  This is how the game works and its to keep you on your toes.  Welcome to the All- Madden level of difficulty.

Dorling

Transfer window only applies to transfers - offering money for a player still under contract and buying them. Due to a rule called the Bosman ruling, players whose contracts are running out can negotiate with new teams - 3 months before contract expiry with teams in the same country and 6 months before contract expiry with teams based in other countries.

In this example trades=transfers, and we already have a trade window (the offseason).

Strike

...These are the times where I'm glad I'm Brazilian-born. I actually understood all of it. <_<

Justin

What makes the FBL so unique is that it's not your typical sports game.  If half the stuff that goes on in the FBL went on in the NBA then there would be a shit ton of lifetime bans.  The signing players on other teams who is in a contract year is one of the quirks of the game and forces you to be forward thinking about your team.  This is really a simple game with a few oddities thrown in.  No need to make it complicated.

Chris Shields

The one thing I'll say I don't like, even if you keep a player happy, and you do all the right stuff, and offer them a better contract, you could still lose them for no reason at all. Or, that you could lose them before even getting to do a counter offer. Especially when it comes to Dorling, because the majority of us are asleep when he's making his damn deals, but that doesn't get taken into affect sometimes.

Dorling

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 28, 2013, 12:12:33 PM
The one thing I'll say I don't like, even if you keep a player happy, and you do all the right stuff, and offer them a better contract, you could still lose them for no reason at all. Or, that you could lose them before even getting to do a counter offer. Especially when it comes to Dorling, because the majority of us are asleep when he's making his damn deals, but that doesn't get taken into affect sometimes.

No need to single me out! Unfortunately/fortunately depending on how you look at it, I've put myself in a position where I have a good rep so most players would like to play for my team should they get the chance. Also I think Powers is the only person that's lost someone to me that is in a different timezone.

There have been several occasions where the game has progressed without me, Ian is often awake at crazy times compared to me.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 28, 2013, 12:12:33 PM

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

I can't believe I'm defending Dorling

Dorling

Quote from: PapaPancho on August 28, 2013, 12:34:02 PM
Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

I can't believe I'm defending Dorling

I bet that hurt.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Dorling on August 28, 2013, 12:21:04 PM
Also I think Powers is the only person that's lost someone to me that is in a different timezone.

You had to remind me didn't you. Didn't you?!?

I WAS JUST BEGINNING TO HEAL!!!!!!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

The one thing I dont like about the game is people complaining...because its just a game.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

*puts notebook labeled "complaints" back in hip pocket and steps away non-chalantly*

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Chris Shields

All right, here it is folks. Every single thing that is wrong with this "game". That's right, I'm gonna lay it all out here for each and every one of you. It will shake this so called game to it's foundations. Are you ready? Are you ready for my comprehensive 72 point complaint? Because if you're ready, I'll lay it out? What's that? You're not ready? Oh... well then, I suppose I'll just wait and say that this game is awesome.

Okay, seriously though, the game is awesome. I think it's just natural competitiveness that leads to the occasional complaint or gripe or something like that. It's a game, but we all want to win and get that championship. Most of the time though, it's just a simple "son of a bitch" moment, we vent, and then we move on. No harm, no foul with something like that, right?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Aye but its nit picky when I am doing this in my spare time. If you could see how I try and pull this all together and the information I go through to make it work then you would probably see why comments of a nit picky nature dont sit well with me. I am not paid to do this mate, I do it to add a fun element to EFK. If I was being paid 50k a year then I feel there is a right to be critical about aspects of the game.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

In other words, if you wanna complain, cut Ian a check.

:)

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty