News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

I was going to say I thought that Purple was retiring (Chill/Fletcher) and yellow was free agent not going to expansion as they've signed elsewhere (Stream/George), but Chachenko is purple and I've signed him.

Hondo

So speaking of BD, notice he hasn't been on in a few days. Anyone know anything?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

GM Franchise

Another MathGate?!

Quote from: JackHondo on October 04, 2013, 08:52:27 AM
So speaking of BD, notice he hasn't been on in a few days. Anyone know anything?

Nope, he was on two or three days ago from what I remember.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

A lot of people went over budget this season. I wonder if I could try what Dorling did at the beginning of the season when he went over and make Cam 2.5 PR instead.

I have to be honest, Owner said I was on my let strike and well... I could very well be fired over this.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Talon

I would definitely attempt a restructure with Cam. Can you afford to put 500k of PR into his base pay?

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Justin

Quote from: Jon on October 04, 2013, 11:36:21 AM
A lot of people went over budget this season. I wonder if I could try what Dorling did at the beginning of the season when he went over and make Cam 2.5 PR instead.

I have to be honest, Owner said I was on my let strike and well... I could very well be fired over this.

Did Dorling do it before the season started or had the season started?  Big difference.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on October 04, 2013, 11:51:11 AM
Did Dorling do it before the season started or had the season started?  Big difference.

After he locked in from the offseason.

Jon

No, it was during the offseason. But not sure how that makes a difference.

Justin

Quote from: Jon on October 04, 2013, 11:58:53 AM
No, it was during the offseason. But not sure how that makes a difference.

Because offseason you can still make moves.  Once the season starts you can no longer make changes to the player's contract unless you are adding to it.

Jennifer

Quote from: Jon on October 04, 2013, 07:51:20 AM
The only thing I can think of why I had it at $1.5 is that I was looking ahead with Joe Reed on the team with a $1.5 PR and replaced the $2 PR.

Bonehead move.

Such is why I always have at least two but usually four little spreadsheets of my team's salary. I keep tabs on what we currently have, what we've spent, what we'll look like next season, and sometimes hypotheticals too, normally when I'm trying to work out if I can afford another player.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on October 04, 2013, 12:17:11 PM
Because offseason you can still make moves.  Once the season starts you can no longer make changes to the player's contract unless you are adding to it.

Says who? I forget who it was, but they made an in season adjustment to someone's contract because they made an accounting error.

But just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean I'll be able to make it work. I have a good relationship with Cam, so that helps, but in the end, it's up to Gary Scott. 

Jon

Quote from: Jennifer on October 04, 2013, 12:18:56 PM
Such is why I always have at least two but usually four little spreadsheets of my team's salary. I keep tabs on what we currently have, what we've spent, what we'll look like next season, and sometimes hypotheticals too, normally when I'm trying to work out if I can afford another player.

Have you seen my spreadsheets?

Justin

Quote from: Jon on October 04, 2013, 12:21:27 PM
Says who? I forget who it was, but they made an in season adjustment to someone's contract because they made an accounting error.

But just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean I'll be able to make it work. I have a good relationship with Cam, so that helps, but in the end, it's up to Gary Scott.

Oh I don't now.  That was just more of my line of thinking.  The only adjustments I have seen were adding to a player's contract....but then again I don't pay that close attention to all threads.

Cory

just caught up.....damn Jon, thats unlucky.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

I did my contract adjustment before the season started - the draft hadn't even finished - only reason I had locked in is because I was about 2 weeks ahead of everyone, so I had time to correct everything. Nobody that has overspent mid season has got away with it as far as I can remember.