News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Doesn't mean that they will poach. We'll see.

Hondo

The way I understood it from Ian, you have the opportunity to protect five players from SL poaching. However, unlike expansion draft protections, just because you leave a person unprotected doesn't mean he is off your team. The SL could sign all three of the unprotected players, they could sign just one or two, or they could sign none of them.

In a way, it's a game within a game, a roll of the dice to see who gets signed and who doesn't.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mike Powers

Quote from: JackHondo on November 01, 2013, 04:24:48 PM
The way I understood it from Ian, you have the opportunity to protect five players from SL poaching. However, unlike expansion draft protections, just because you leave a person unprotected doesn't mean he is off your team. The SL could sign all three of the unprotected players, they could sign just one or two, or they could sign none of them.

In a way, it's a game within a game, a roll of the dice to see who gets signed and who doesn't.

Thats how I took it as well.

Dorling

...I don't think there is another way to take it.

Ty

I didn't realize the players can. Choose to stay

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: The TyTy is here! on November 01, 2013, 05:47:05 PM

No, it's not the players choosing to stay, its the SL choosing not to take your players.

Ty

Ah, I get you. What happens if someone chooses not to protect any of their players and the SL chooses not to take them?

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: The TyTy is here! on November 01, 2013, 06:13:09 PM
Ah, I get you. What happens if someone chooses not to protect any of their players and the SL chooses not to take them?

They stay on your team.

Mike Powers

Quote from: The TyTy is here! on November 01, 2013, 05:47:05 PM

You put a period.  In an awkward.  Location.  Is your.  Mentor.  Christopher Walken.  By chance?

Ty

Baby in one arm, phone in other. Baby scream while I type and message get fumbled.  The usual

Jennifer

I suspect also that player loyalty can come into play here.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jennifer on November 01, 2013, 06:33:20 PM
I suspect also that player loyalty can come into play here.

This is what I am thinking as well.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on November 01, 2013, 06:40:36 PM
This is what I am thinking as well.

In what respect? I'm going to assume that regardless of the players loyalty if you put them out there for the SL to take and they take them, it's bye bye.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on November 01, 2013, 06:46:06 PM
In what respect? I'm going to assume that regardless of the players loyalty if you put them out there for the SL to take and they take them, it's bye bye.

That the players who are more loyal will stay and the ones who aren't will leave. Not all unprotected players will get taken by the SL just some.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

And conversely, just because you protect a player that doesn't mean they won't get in a snit and demand a trade.