News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Welcome to the fold, guys.

I just noticed in the results for week 8 that the Jaguars finally won a couple games. Talk about awkward, I guess I know who the real weak link of Bismarck was -_- lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Strike

Quote from: Cory on December 17, 2013, 03:51:24 PM
I donno man,

Class and Bands play dropped this year, and now you lost a very solid 6th man to the SL.
Reed and Lee with both be 28, seeing as the retirement age in most cases is like 30-32 in the FBL, their near their last legs. Lee used to get 12-15 dimes a game in his sleep, he was struggling to get 10 this season.

Plus with Mason and Reds massive contracts, it was difficult to work within the boundaries.

Im not saying the team is gonna be shit, but the conditions arent exactly ideal, at least for my likings. In my spread sheet I had three scenarios forcasted. 1 for if I won the championship and how to fit players in within a very minimal budget, 2. If we lost SL deals for Mason Griffin to accommodate some cap to sign some 1st round picks, 3. Jump ship from a soon to be museum to a fresh meat team.

All I can say is goodluck man, eventually you'll get the greatest coach in FBL history in Leighton Lee.

The main thing is the salary/PR jump helps. My plan is to get somebody who can fit at the three and play well with Leighton and Mason, while using the last spot for a decent bench guy...then start planning around the replacements for these dudes. We'll definitely see how it all plays out and as for Leighton? Yeah, he's got a future in the coaching department whenever he decides to hang up the sneakers.

Also, Alex? Don't feel bad. Calgary didn't win a game until I was fired too. <_>

¿PapaPancho?

Thus proving the point ... you never go full Ferndale

Strike

Quote from: PapaPancho on December 17, 2013, 05:45:03 PM
Thus proving the point ... you never go full Ferndale

Lesson learned the hard way.

Also, +1.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Didn't take TyTy long to go over budget.

Owner says you have 3.5 million to spend on scouting...

You spend $4million.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Wasn't he over budget anyway or close to it salary wise?
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Yep, he went over. 3.5 was what his budget is for scouting.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 17, 2013, 10:41:27 PM

Yeah ... that's what Jon said.

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 17, 2013, 10:41:27 PM

Thank you Hunch.

The TeeJ of Philly

¿PapaPancho?

Jon

TyTy... that NEVER works.

Ty

I do what I want...

I didn't check before I posted. I'm not really paying attention at this point.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The TyTy is here! on December 17, 2013, 10:44:49 PM
I'm not really paying attention at this point.

I think that's the issue at hand...