News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Nick Shaw = Maurice Cheeks

Pretty decent player, incredibly inferior coach.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Talon

I would still be in Birmingham had I not gotten irritated with the game and decided to sit out the rest of the season.

I was investing too much time into the game, thus getting irritated when things didn't go my way, so I decided to leave for Texas to get a season off, basically.

In the time off I re-evaluated how much time i put into things (not doing hrs of PR gfx for no reason, not doing 5 different spreadsheets, not refreshing the page every 5 mins when Ian is/was online) and now I can enjoy the game more. Texas is my last stop, I want to be here for seasons and seasons to come, but if I get fired I'll likely just bow out for a while.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: JackHondo on February 17, 2014, 10:42:57 AM
Nick Shaw = Maurice Cheeks

Pretty decent player, incredibly inferior coach.

How dare you. Cheeks isn't inferior or incredibly inferior. The sixers team that he coached to te playoffs a couple years ago back to back were not filled with talent. Basically the same team Eddie Jordan coaches to the worst record in the east.

/sixers fandom.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Talon on February 17, 2014, 09:02:32 AM
A good foundation?  I got there and I had Findi Muwama and Clarence Marx and a 4 million dollar penalty, which I accepted because I left one of those behind in baton rouge lol. I gutted that team and rebuilt it, and then I left a good foundation for Digger with James, Sorensen, Kolo Rolo (who got flipped for Pebbles) and Ty Williams.

The best thing about some of these BAD teams is when you take over its like an expansion club because everyone including the shitty coaches are gone.

If they had kept the starters from that team or at least four of them you would've had one. But instead the team got gutted before you got there.

I agree about the bad teams. I took that approach with Anchorage this season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 17, 2014, 02:39:51 AM
It took you two seasons Bone so Talon is not alone.  :)

No, I was in the playoffs the next season and my reputation rebounded greatly from my terrorist accusations after a single season. Dom and Steven also rebounded their teams into playoffs the season after.

Kirk

Quote from: jagilki on February 17, 2014, 10:33:42 AM
Shaw is ripping you off.

I'm aware of that, but as he's on a 3 year contract and I don't know anything about any of the other coaches (who's available and how good they are) I don't see what I can do about it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

Try and get Art Smith from Texas. He can be morose when the team is losing, but he's a good coach.

J-Reb

Quote from: Kirk on February 17, 2014, 09:02:35 PM
I'm aware of that, but as he's on a 3 year contract and I don't know anything about any of the other coaches (who's available and how good they are) I don't see what I can do about it.

Nothing, really.

If you fire a coach, you're responsible for the duration of their contract and it comes out of your PR budget.  Although, if you force him to quit, you are free of his contract, but your team morale/reputation with other coaches will take a hit.

That and there is absolutely nothing out there coach wise.  You'd be better to stand pat and wait it out.  Shaw may not be an excellent coach but he's not batcrap crazy.

The TeeJ of Philly

He's timid and lacks selfconfidence as a coach, I dunno if Jag really did anything to try to rectify that (wasn't around then) but I'd imagine if you found a way to change that, he'd be a pretty good coach.

GM Franchise

I think Shaw is more AC material than HC. He's similar to Morris personality wise.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

jagilki

I sent him to leadership classes.  I talked to him a bunch, I tried to instill confidence in him.

It all ended when a player called him out in General News as a lacking Coach.  After talking to the player, I called Shaw in and Shaw was basically like "Yeah, fuck that guy."

jagilki

Can't quote as thread is locked at the moment, but

Me to Billy Russell

QuoteI don't want to put anybody in any spots.  I believe in being able to speak your mind.  If somebody has problems I'd rather they put them on the table so that they can be looked at and worked on.

However, I'd rather that was done in private first, before being brought to light in public.

Now, I'm not going to say anything except that I'm disappointed that we couldn't of handled this that way first.

Billy, you're a good player, you don't see the value in Coach Shaws experience?  The mans a font of Basketball knowledge.  I know he's still growing into his shoes, but his knowledge is still there.

I ask for you two to work together.  Coach Shaw, how do you feel?  Mr. Russell I'm asking for you to listen to Coach on his basketball knowledge.  Help him help you in a way.

Billy Reply

QuoteI believe there is a lack of confidence in the way this team is being coached...

Me

QuoteYou've already stated that.

Coach Shaw?  Do you have anything to say to Mr. Russell?

Shaw

QuoteMaybe I am not the best coach, the best motivator, the best guy to be wearing a suit and blowing a whistle and saying stuff that inspire 8 men...but...ummm...GM Jag gave me a job so IN YOUR FACE!...

Me

Quote......

I see.

Billy, I understand your concerns.  I ask that you play hard, listen to the Coach.  Just give it the best you can.  Which has been good.

Billy, I'll talk to you later.

Coach Shaw, stay please.

Shaw

QuoteWHAT A DOUCHE!...

Me

QuoteOK Nick, I'm sorry but.  Hmm.  Don't take this wrong, but how would you respond to taking some leadership classes?

You've got more Basketball knowledge in you than most people ever will, but I think you need to up your leadership game, as you just said.  Maybe if the team invested in some classes to help you with that?

Shaw

QuoteLets fire Rekov and make me Assistant Coach...

http://www.efedknights.com/boards/index.php?topic=15273.885

Kirk

I'll try talking some confidence into him. Perhaps a young team like mine will be good for him. I don't see him ripping up his huge 3 year contract, so I think he'll be in Tempe for a while. Thanks for the info, though. It should help.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Black Death

Morris is my bitch ... get your own
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jagilki

I forgot all about Shaw trying to imply that Rekovs family was stealing from me.