News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Jennifer on April 25, 2014, 09:56:16 PM
I know why Kirk is trading them, but I don't think Cory is paying over the odds by any means considering the relative career trajectories of the players who are changing hands.

Both guys are going to be on their fourth team in three year. That doesn't tend to help development.

Plus, who to say Cory will be there, yeah these moves are nice, but he still got news story saying the owner may have to make a move at GM. Are they enough to save his job? Maybe, we'll see. Calgary looks pretty average, at least to me, with Fredricks, Hurtz, Hughes, Olicha, Blake Terry, and Billy Hanger around Tarbla. But that's just me. If it doesn't pan out, odds are he gets fired, and he just screwed the next GM out of a 1st round pick in S17.

Cory

My thinking, to make it a win win.

Watchen has better value, 1/2 price of Fredericks with closely comparable stats and still is 26 next year...can develop, but Fredericks wants out, and fair to assume he has a higher ceiling to grow over Watchen.

Huir is still effective...I had him as a band-aid from FA....on a decent team can pull 7-10 boards and a few steals, plus brings some needed starting experience that Tempe didnt have last year.

My S16 1st woulda been a shot in the dark...had no AC to give me reports...so wasnt really all the valuable to me.

I've wanted Hughes since I scouted him a few years back, thats where I give up the most in my S17 1st....but I think Hughes will develop into a star....so giving up two 1st rounders is tough...but I think it'll work out best for me and Kirk trying to save our jobs... I bring in two guys who can be stars hopefully is enough to keep me till next year.

....plus I have a deal this year with Flins to land me a S17 1st anyways.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

I don't know about Hughes being a star

This isn't coming from a gut feeling either....I have pretty solid knowledge of what his ceiling is.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Cory on April 25, 2014, 10:04:54 PM

....plus I have a deal this year with Flins to land me a S17 1st anyways.

If that comes to fruition, then I think you did a great job.  I was having a tough time swallowing that 2nd First Round pick, but if you get yourself another, then it's gravy.

Kirk

I needed to get rid of a problem player and I get some good picks for my coach. I'd have liked to have held onto Hughes but it wasn't a priority. Also, just wait to see my rebound stats next season.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Now that's it's confirmed I don't feel as bad for what I'm going to say.

Hughes ceiling is Sheldon Day, per an unbiased report. You traded a future first for Sheldon Day.

Kirk

Who is Sheldon Day? Is that good or bad?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Kirk on April 25, 2014, 10:28:17 PM
Who is Sheldon Day? Is that good or bad?

He's solid, but not "i would trade a first rounder for" solid.

Captain Metro

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on April 25, 2014, 10:33:00 PM
He's solid, but not "i would trade a first rounder for" solid.

I just want me some Peaches Lang!

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Jennifer

Day can/could score and that's about it. More than can be said for some first round busts. Secondary scorer rather than someone to pin the franchise on, though. A young Day would be all right value for a 1st if you didn't have a high pick and/or didn't have much information to go on.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Jennifer on April 25, 2014, 10:34:37 PM
Day can/could score and that's about it. More than can be said for some first round busts. Secondary scorer rather than someone to pin the franchise on, though. A young Day would be all right value for a 1st if you didn't have a high pick and/or didn't have much information to go on.

Yeah, and if things continue to go south for Calgary, he just gave up a high first for Sheldon Day

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Kirk on April 25, 2014, 09:24:48 PM
It's more the fact he called you a cock sucker rather than the fact that he's angry that people expected a different reaction to.

Average Tuesday for Prancy.

¿PapaPancho?

Ty

Too add to it, Fredericks reports never mentioned him as a player if I remember right. Only mentioned he was a leader on the court I believe

Ty

Oh yeah, 'A natural floor general that makes the offence go'

I don't know what that meant tbh