News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Quote from: Ty on April 26, 2014, 07:18:05 PM
When did he scout

Lots of questions from "Mr. I'm Not Playing"  :P

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 26, 2014, 07:47:44 PM
Lots of questions from "Mr. I'm Not Playing"  :P

He's checking off items from the "How to get fired" list.

Talon

(GM Franchise to Alex Henry)

This is what I thought of after reading Franchise's response to his Gen News.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Kirk

It's just a press story. I have spent 750k on scouting (which I got from the cheaper coach contract). I scouted 2 players currently in the league, so that would be 1 mil even without the discount for scouting a team I have a relationship with.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Kirk on April 26, 2014, 10:27:15 PM
It's just a press story. I have spent 750k on scouting (which I got from the cheaper coach contract). I scouted 2 players currently in the league, so that would be 1 mil even without the discount for scouting a team I have a relationship with.

1 million PR - cost of an indepth college/international prospect player analysis and assistant coaches verdict on fit within team.

250k - cost of scouting a player on a team you have formed a relationship with. You must cite your relationship with said team when doing so.

Whats the relationship?

Kirk

I didn't scout any prospects. I scouted two current players. One was from a team I recently traded with (which hadn't even gone through and has been cancelled). I've had 1 report and I had 1mil in cap space. I didn't push Tempe over the cap. I guess my request for a report just gave Ian a new idea for how to heat things up in Tempe.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Kirk on April 26, 2014, 10:35:47 PM
I didn't scout any prospects. I scouted two current players. One was from a team I recently traded with (which hadn't even gone through and has been cancelled). I've had 1 report and I had 1mil in cap space. I didn't push Tempe over the cap. I guess my request for a report just gave Ian a new idea for how to heat things up in Tempe.

Well there's your issue. If the trade wasn't official that I believe costs you 1 million, I know Metro had asked about non-amatuer player scouting in his thread and didn't get a clear answer. If you scouted anything else besides that, you went over. I'm just trying to figure it out because when I read it I was like, "Kirk knows about the spreadsheet, I know he's looked at it per the Nick Shaw stuff"

Kirk

" To scout a player will cost 500k unless you have a relationship with the team in question i.e. have made a trade with them in which case it costs 250k for a scouting report. You must cite the trade you made in order to make it a 250k report."

I checked with Ian about the cost each time before I confirmed the request and even if I was mistaken, it doesn't add up to 3mil. My guess is the owner or one of my coaches did it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Ah, ok, that makes sense then. I didn't know that was there simply because everything is broken down to one line/one paragraph and it just seems outta place above all the scouting.

Kirk

My wife is using my computer and iPad at the same time, so I had to type all that out on my phone. I hope it was enough to clear everything up.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Quote from: Cory on April 27, 2014, 10:04:34 AM
bullshit

You knew it was coming man.  You hit that red "don't touch" button...again. 

Cory

Donno....looked at my team after being only able to bring in Huir and Terry in free agency, pretty average....looked at not having any scouting at all for the draft....and looked at the news story saying something needed to be done in Calgary to save the franchise.

I had to make a move before it was me getting fired was the only option....and I'm just not pleased that I firmly believe that was a good deal for Calgary and I still got canned.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

You traded a probably top 10 pick, a future first (which will probably be high because you're going to be an average team in the west) and two players who are decent and got back Lyle Fredricks, Hughes, and two second rounds from a team that will be just as average at worst. Add that to the botch job of your offseason where you brought over Michael Free to start, then named him your player coach because you were "holding out" for Ian to reward you for not rushing, followed by asking Michael Free to return to the starting line up when he said he didnt, gave Jesse Cole 5 million to be on your bench when may be worth say 3.

you didn't just push that button you Five Star Frog Splashed it.

All I know is whoever takes over, needs to make it clear to Tarbla that they know what they're doing because he's that good.

Justin

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on April 27, 2014, 10:27:20 AM

you didn't just push that button you Five Star Frog Splashed it.

Nice touch.