News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Quote from: Dorling on May 16, 2014, 05:36:27 AM
Well I start my new job tomorrow. I PM'd Taurus earlier in the week with a plan for him taking over but, while he has been on the boards, he has not replied, so I have no idea of his status. As of tomorrow though I will be stepping back from this wonderful game!

I have enjoyed playing with you all!

Cheers buddy, fun playing with you. Best of luck.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Good luck Dorling!

...You bastard. <3

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Mike Powers

I'm not sure of Zeus even reads this thread but....

Mark Brown is a great Assistant Coach, but he has a big ego which inflates to epic proportions when he gets a Head Coaching gig.  He wants APPRECIATION from his GM.  Praise heaped his way, "Mark Brown Appreciation Nights" coming out of the PR budget, shit like that.  If he fails to get it......things escalate quickly.

Domingo

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 16, 2014, 06:10:41 PM
I'm not sure of Zeus even reads this thread but....

Mark Brown is a great Assistant Coach, but he has a big ego which inflates to epic proportions when he gets a Head Coaching gig.  He wants APPRECIATION from his GM.  Praise heaped his way, "Mark Brown Appreciation Nights" coming out of the PR budget, shit like that.  If he fails to get it......things escalate quickly.

I layman's terms... find another head coach. I hear Morris is pretty decent

Dorling

Cheers guys. Even you Jag!

I've heard from Taurus and he is ready to go.

Hondo

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on May 16, 2014, 03:11:49 PM
The Chi-City Rebels return!

Oh, if only Stoner had more time!

The Dirt Road Warriors could job you guys out once more!

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

Quote from: JackHondo on May 16, 2014, 09:18:50 PM
Oh, if only Stoner had more time!

The Dirt Road Warriors could job you guys out once more!

Hey, I think our record is 1-1.  We'd be glad to settle the score! 

Mike Powers

Hey, me and Domingo jobbed to the both of you!!!  So there!!!

jagilki

This match sounds perfect for a certain fed....

Domingo

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 16, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
Hey, me and Domingo jobbed to the both of you!!!  So there!!!

Werd!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Just to note this week Greenhornets and Steamers appear the wrong way around in pdf, my mistake.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Kirk

I know I've asked something like this before, but I think it's now lost in the depths of the OOC thread: What do players in each position do? I'm confused because they don't seem to do the same thing from team to team. For example, Yabla plays SF and is a defense beast whereas Barnes played the same position and is a pure scorer.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Flins.

In terms of this game, it really just depends on the ability of the player. But generally for each position you'd be looking for:

Point Guards - Assists, Scoring, Leadership, Steals
Shooting Guards - Assists, Scoring, Ball Handling (no turnovers), Defensive Rebounding, Steals
Small Forwards - Scoring, Ball Handling, Offensive & Defensive Rebounding, Blocks, Steals
Power Forwards - Offensive & Defensive Rebounding, Blocks
Centres - Blocks, Offensive & Defensive Rebounding, Scoring

That is a really general outlook at what you'd want, obviously certain players offer more and there are varying ways for players to be effective scorers and defenders, but without FG%, 3PT% and the such in the statistics, we can only really go off scouting reports and coach feedback in that regard. Which should be enough to go by.

With the SG's and the SF's they tend to be the more versatile players, which is why you will get out and out scorers and lock down defenders. I don't think there have been many players in the FBL that can do it all like Jordan, Troy Marshall is the only example I can think of, but I don't know my FBL history as well as some of the other players.

Not sure how helpful that is but I'm sure some of our American cousins can add a little more insight into the game than myself.

Kirk

So Guards are offensive and Forwards are defensive?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

J-Reb

Quote from: Kirk on May 17, 2014, 06:40:16 AM
So Guards are offensive and Forwards are defensive?

Not always. It's just more common for a guard to be more skilled offensively than a big man. They are usually better shooters.