News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

What do people mean by the term "lottery pick"? I keep seeing the phrase used but I don't think I understand what it means.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jennifer

Basically if a team finishes outside of the playoffs they are entered into a lottery for who gets the highest picks in the actual draft. The lower the overall finish of the team the better the chances they have of getting a high pick, but it's not guaranteed.

Hence it's a lottery pick. A team could finish just outside the playoffs yet end up with the #1 pick if they got really lucky.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Kirk

Ah, I see. I just assumed that the worst team got the first pick and the best got the last one. This bit of information changes the value of some of the trades I've been looking at.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Kirk on May 17, 2014, 06:40:16 AM
So Guards are offensive and Forwards are defensive?

It's more the backcourt (pg Sg and sf) play around the perimeter and the front court (PF and c) play closer to the basket. And guards can be just a defensive as forwards. My pg is a solid defender who sometimes plays better than solid d. Ty Williams and Leon dreams and Clint dans berry are offensive big men.

Domingo

So, going by the question in the press conference, is this the last lock in of the regular season?

Jennifer

Yeah like last year. We are locking in for Week 13 and then Week 14, which only has one game (like week 1 did

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Jon

Quote from: Domingo on May 17, 2014, 10:45:22 AM
So, going by the question in the press conference, is this the last lock in of the regular season?

Yup.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

J-Reb

Does anybody have the prospect sheets from the last several drafts?  I've been digging through GN and can't find them.  Specifically looking for S12-15.

Jon

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on May 17, 2014, 11:35:36 AM
Does anybody have the prospect sheets from the last several drafts?  I've been digging through GN and can't find them.  Specifically looking for S12-15.

See attached...

Jon

J-Reb

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Wouldnt be a bad idea for some you vet GMs to mentor some new ones. Georgie, Tritch, Colonel, Tauraus are all joining the game remember. Maybe someone help Alex K as well?
Pick one and PM them!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Mike Powers

If any of the newbies want to PM me for advice, I'm more than willing to help.  Though, considering I'm on my 4th team in 6 seasons, you may want to just skip over me and ask Hondo  :P

Rebel Child

I am definitely going to need a wee bit of help.

Btw...

HAI GAIZ!!!!

:grouphug:

As I just pmed Ian "What have I gotten myself into?"

I think that I might be able to do some good in this, if not, I am going to have a rip roaring time laughing my bum off so it works either way. :)

So who wants to help RC out eh?

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Rebel Child on May 17, 2014, 08:09:30 PM
I am definitely going to need a wee bit of help.

Btw...

HAI GAIZ!!!!

:grouphug:

As I just pmed Ian "What have I gotten myself into?"

I think that I might be able to do some good in this, if not, I am going to have a rip roaring time laughing my bum off so it works either way. :)

So who wants to help RC out eh?

My advice GET OUT NAO!!!!!

Seriously, have fun, don't take anything seriously at all.