News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

I know Raven was on about trades in the trade thread, but personally I would build a team this year and not even contemplate anything to do with draft picks in s17.

You may not get THE best team this year, but you get 2 valuable guys. You may not have the greatest of seasons, but with 2 decent guys, and 2 highish draft picks next season, you can get a fairly decent team next year as I can't see 4 more expansion teams being added.

Just food for thought, but don't start messing with those draft picks for s17. Assemble what you can and survive this year, it's not as bad as you think

Domingo

I think Cory meant to Scout the available free agents, not the 8 players available to only the expansion teams.

To that I can't see why the 4 teams couldn't use their pr for season 16 to scout free agents once they get assistant coaches

Cory

Quote from: Domingo on May 27, 2014, 01:55:19 PM
I think Cory meant to Scout the available free agents, not the 8 players available to only the expansion teams.

To that I can't see why the 4 teams couldn't use their pr for season 16 to scout free agents once they get assistant coaches

Yeah, Ian I was referring to the new free agents you added. I doubt you added MORE Flips players...but with maybe half of the FAs (not Flips players) having history, the other guys are shots in the dark.... was just wondering that with the 8million that expansions usually get for draft reports, we could use it on the new free agents/un-drafted players.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

It has never been 8 million.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Quote from: Jennifer on May 27, 2014, 02:13:37 PM
It has never been 8 million.

Im not sure where I got 8 million either, but I do recall they got some form of scouting budget.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

It's been five in the past but the impression I'm getting is that Ian is basically saying "You are guaranteed to get two guys which have some value" so you're probably not going to get given additional info on top of that.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Correct me if I'm wrong since my coach is leaving. I can sign a new coach now since my thread is open right?
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Talon

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on May 27, 2014, 02:29:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong since my coach is leaving. I can sign a new coach now since my thread is open right?

Sign coach Black so I can go get Willie Davies back :p

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Hannibal

Hey, you guys can't go stealing all the coaches before I get to offer them a chance to build a franchise from the ground up with me!

Sgt. Josh Underpants

You do what you need to do to survive this game
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Talon

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on May 27, 2014, 02:37:24 PM
You do what you need to do to survive this game

That's the damned truth!

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

FXBlade

Also forgot to add, great activity from Raven, just what we needed from new guys...

Oh and don't get sacked :)

Talon

If nothing else, he should have a head start on some of the other new folks!

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Talon on May 27, 2014, 03:01:57 PM
If nothing else, he should have a head start on some of the other new folks!

That's the goal. Educate myself as much as I can on the current landscape of the league, figure out what my trading options are and what my free agent options are in advance, and hope for a good foundation with my expansion prospects. I'll make mistakes I'm sure, but I'd prefer it not be due to ignorance or leaving a stone unturned.

The TeeJ of Philly

Oh if the roast of dorling ever airs, my roast on some folks will be even more true.