News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Always the bridesmaid ... never the bride .... *sigh*

* PapaPancho wants another hug of manlyness

Tritch

my b. didn't see the thread.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Rob

It's cool... Now we wait for Cory.

Who's GM Colonel btw?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

Can I just say that I hate GM Hannibal already. He's poached my first choice Head Coach and now he's after my first choice assistant.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Kirk on May 29, 2014, 06:17:11 AM
Can I just say that I hate GM Hannibal already. He's poached my first choice Head Coach and now he's after my first choice assistant.

I have very few advantages this season. The ability to act quickly right now will probably be one of them, ha ha.

I didn't see you were looking at Corbin too, but assumed a bunch of people would be. He was more important to me than Ray, honestly, I just thought it would be weird to approach an assistant when your HC job was open. You approached him first, I offered slightly more. You have an established team, I have a shiny new big man prospect. We'll see who he gets back to.

Same Bat time. Same Bat channel.

Kirk

You moved fast and beat everyone to a good coach. Fair play to you.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jennifer

10 million on JR? Holy moly.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

He certainly wants to get his business sorted quickly.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Cory on May 29, 2014, 07:12:40 AM
Ugh, damit new guy.

It's not like I have other options to spend money on right now. There's one key FA and my two draft picks, then a bunch of filler pieces. Plus, you got in touch with SP first, it was a hail mary on my end.

Jennifer

I guess it depends on what you can afford to spend... it's daring when you don't know what the 'bonus draft' guys are gonna ask for though.

It also has the potential to drive up your own prices... agents are forming opinions of you right now, bear in mind, as to what kind of negotiator you are.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Quote from: GM Hannibal on May 29, 2014, 07:14:45 AM
It's not like I have other options to spend money on right now. There's one key FA and my two draft picks, then a bunch of filler pieces. Plus, you got in touch with SP first, it was a hail mary on my end.

I suppose, but thats a killer influx in the market, Valentine is worth 5-7 million, MAYBE 8, your offering a million a point per game who isnt too great passing the ball..... safest PG out there...but I donno, scared me off, time to go after my backup Johns.

Considering there are 2 PGs left in this draft, and you dont really know what ones are gonna fall yet, risky business.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

PG is also by far the most abundant position in the league. A good centre is worth more due to the rarity of strong big men. PGs... unless they're elite shouldn't really be earning the big bucks. Still, it's all about assessing his worth to you, so if that's what you're willing to drop on him then that's your decision.

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Jennifer on May 29, 2014, 07:15:37 AM
It also has the potential to drive up your own prices... agents are forming opinions of you right now, bear in mind, as to what kind of negotiator you are.

That's very valuable advice, and I appreciate it.

I want the key players that I need to want to come to me when I need them. Sometimes I'll overpay, sometimes I'll catch a break. Right now I have a wide open salary cap and only a couple of guys I really need to land quickly. That's a price not many others will want to spend on Valentine, because they don't need him like I feel I do. Once the initial dust settles and a foundation is in place I'll be much more selective about putting together the team.

As for the rest of the market, valid. It'll have a ripple effect, but he's a veteran, he's been a multi-season captain, he's safe, and he's better than most of the other FA's I could find info on. I'd like to be competitive, and without access to many elite players I have to put together as many pretty good ones as I can under my budget, maintaining room to move forwards with. I still think I can do that, unless Ian sees all of this and decides my rookies want Creed Jackson money out of the gate, lol.

Jon

Hannibal...

Cancel that call with Davis Newton.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors