News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flins.

I'm intrigued by what offers were made, there had to be a better deal out there. That $5mil PR hit for the next three seasons is gunna be rough. But as Cory said, learning curves.

GM Jimmy Gooch

Quote from: JackHondo on June 18, 2014, 10:10:28 AM
I think what Boner is trying to say is, Mullet is an F rated Center. He's really not going to help your situation all that much. May make it even worse actually.

I had no choice. I HAD to have a center. I started with 2 PGs, end up not even having an opportunity to sign a Center. So, looks like I'll get an F center and take a $5 million hit. The fun is wearing off of this pretty quick.

Cory

Quote from: Buckson Gooch on June 18, 2014, 11:51:09 AM
I had no choice. I HAD to have a center. I started with 2 PGs, end up not even having an opportunity to sign a Center. So, looks like I'll get an F center and take a $5 million hit. The fun is wearing off of this pretty quick.

To be fair, Conky should have been dealt for a center, not for an average player and 2nd round pick dude. But barely anyone has a good 1st season.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

I didn't even have to sign any players in my first season and I cocked it up. I think this season is going to be a chance for you to get used to dealing with the press and your players. You can look to build from this in FA and next season't draft. I don't think there is any pressure on you to win, so don't worry about your line-up or the results too much.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Flins.

Aye, first season and successful season aren't commonly used in the same sentence.

Talon

Quote from: Flins. on June 18, 2014, 12:04:33 PM
Aye, first season and successful season aren't commonly used in the same sentence.

Flins quit his job because his owner wanted Jag back for some reason; and I pissed off the super league and ended up pissing off my back up PG, my captain, my coach, and had a magician as an Assistant coach... after my coach quit (because I tried to trade his shitty and over paid brother to Providence for Malcolm Hayes) I signed a coach that put me over the budget, leading to my firing...

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Jimmy Gooch

Quote from: Cory on June 18, 2014, 11:56:00 AM
To be fair, Conky should have been dealt for a center, not for an average player and 2nd round pick dude. But barely anyone has a good 1st season.

In a perfect world, that would've been great. But do you remember Conky-gate? No one wanted to make any worthwhile deals, I got one decent offer. I have some friends here and I'd run the deals offered by and they were like, "Those are terrible."

I'll go 0-fer this year and whoever got my first round draft pick gets a sweet pick.

At the end of the day, no big deal. But not being able to sign a center after the draft sucks. Starting off with 2 PGs and practically having to dish my draft picks to get other players sucks, too. I did what I could with what I had...and that wasn't much.

I can take my lumps and I normally don't gripe, but the deck was already stacked against me being an expansion team and was stacked even more by having 2 picks of the same position and then not having adequate selection in post draft. players.

Kirk

I pissed off my all-star players by resting them and then told my whole squad that I thought they were shit. I never really recovered from that before I destroyed morale completely by trying to force Cabbidan Falls onto a lower contract before I tried to trade him away. I had a great team and spent the whole season tearing it apart. I dread to think what the squad would have looked like if I'd had time to make trades before the season started... I seem to be addicted to trading.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Domingo

If you have to sign a Flips player, you're better off signing Issues. Mullet is undersized. I trained him to be a Center because I didn't have a center on my team last season.

Kirk

Quote from: Buckson Gooch on June 18, 2014, 12:08:39 PM
In a perfect world, that would've been great. But do you remember Conky-gate? No one wanted to make any worthwhile deals, I got one decent offer. I have some friends here and I'd run the deals offered by and they were like, "Those are terrible."

I'll go 0-fer this year and whoever got my first round draft pick gets a sweet pick.

At the end of the day, no big deal. But not being able to sign a center after the draft sucks. Starting off with 2 PGs and practically having to dish my draft picks to get other players sucks, too. I did what I could with what I had...and that wasn't much.

I can take my lumps and I normally don't gripe, but the deck was already stacked against me being an expansion team and was stacked even more by having 2 picks of the same position and then not having adequate selection in post draft. players.

There's no arguing that you had a tough start, but as long as you keep squad morale up and answer the press conferences sensibly, someone will gift you a couple of wins.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Flins.

I don't know what the offers were, so I can't really speak for them. But in my opinion, you should've waited longer. There was no huge rush to trade Conky and once the rosters started to fill out, the teams needing a guaranteed PG might've been more willing to trade.

J-Reb

Fun is relative. My favorite moments of the game are still chasing the ghost of Chucky Dorrence with Billy Jo.  Do what's fun for you!

Domingo

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on June 18, 2014, 12:19:01 PM
Fun is relative. My favorite moments of the game are still chasing the ghost of Chucky Dorrence with Billy Jo.  Do what's fun for you!

Just don't go full Franchise season 6.

GM Jimmy Gooch

Quote from: Kirk on June 18, 2014, 12:14:36 PM
There's no arguing that you had a tough start, but as long as you keep squad morale up and answer the press conferences sensibly, someone will gift you a couple of wins.

I appreciate that, Kirk.

I'm going to keep trying. Just venting a little.

¿PapaPancho?

My first season my captain quit on me I signed crap players and my two best players were roleplayers at the time. Look at me now though ... im the buffallo bills losing in the finals!!