News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Kirk on June 19, 2014, 12:46:55 AM
Considering you have no idea which players you're going to piss off or kill, it seems crazy to use up your scouting now. You also don't know how much PR you might need later in the season. I won't be wasting my PR funds just yet.

I always tend to save a mil or so, things don't tend to cost more than 500K and you also know which players you AREN'T going to have to PR bail out.  Like I know Melvin Smarts is a good character guy and won't cost me any PR to bail him out. Chris Flynn, I know may.

Talon

If I need 7MM to get out of PR trouble, I'll already be fired.  I'm leaving plenty of buffer room for the "damn it, I need PR fund"

I scouted early the past two seasons, it'll be ok.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Mike Powers

All this talk about the draft made me take a closer look at the PDF.  LOOOOVE the fact that the agent is listed in the new format.

Talon

The agent and age info is nice, as well as the projections for the international players, but it is a little bit of a bummer not getting the teaser of the scouting report to help you get a feel for who you're scouting.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Kirk

I wasn't worried about having no scouting funds last season because of those little reports. It's a real shame to see that they're gone.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Talon

Quote from: Kirk on June 19, 2014, 01:42:35 AM
I wasn't worried about having no scouting funds last season because of those little reports. It's a real shame to see that they're gone.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Talon

It was nice knowing "even if this guy is a pedophile from Mars, at least I know he boards with the best of them."

You could at least go for an educated guess based on what was implied in the tag line, for some of them anyways.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Mike Powers

Quote from: Kirk on June 19, 2014, 01:42:35 AM

Sometimes though, that first line can sound allll sorts of promising, but then the full report isn't so flattering.  And vice versa.

Black Death

I do want to say something ...I think it fine to get your scouting in early but only problem I having is your not giving Ian any names . Your telling him you want to scout players , but you are not telling who the players are ...how can he make scouting report if he does not know to make the reports about... Ian could easily just send you say 5 blank reports and take your pr money because you never told him who you want the reports on and there would be nothing wrong with that because he follow your request to the letter .

just saying ... you know Ian does have that wicked sense of humor ...I can see him doing that
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Sgt. Josh Underpants

They probably pmed him the names
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Kirk

I assumed that everyone has been PMing the names so that the rest of us don't see who they are interested in.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Kirk on June 19, 2014, 03:52:57 AM
I assumed that everyone has been PMing the names so that the rest of us don't see who they are interested in.

^This is what I did.

Since we are going on stories ... remember the last time I was favored in the pre season ... didn't go so well.  Neither will this year.

Black Death

Quote from: Kirk on June 19, 2014, 03:52:57 AM

lol... I laughed at that , does it matter if the other people know who you are interested in ... it not going to changed the report.

Black Death

hey pancho ... relax , think happy thoughts

Kirk

It won't change the report but it will change people's priorities. If I know a lot of people have been scouting a player, I'll draft him earlier than I otherwise might have or I'll draft him to force a trade/ make sure a rival doesn't get what they want.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img