News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Kirk on June 19, 2014, 04:12:16 AM
It won't change the report but it will change people's priorities. If I know a lot of people have been scouting a player, I'll draft him earlier than I otherwise might have or I'll draft him to force a trade/ make sure a rival doesn't get what they want.

trust  me playing that way is going to hurt you in the long run ... get the players that you need to get ... if you star worrying about the other guy , you are in trouble.

Hey that is just my  opinion
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

You really don't see the merit in keeping your drafting strategy from being public knowledge?  Really?

Kirk

I've got a young team, so if someone else has an experienced player I want and I can steal a college player he wants I'll do it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

Why try and talk people out of scout reports? If they want to mess their team up this early then please do! I only stand a chance in hell if some of you guys start imploding early.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

i don't need to hide who I am scouting from any one and if I wanted to I could try to pick up someone's draft strategy just by following there  team thread and seeing how there team plays.

maybe when we were a smaller group , strategy matter more , but we are big group now... it think it best to try to build your team into the best team out there and not worry about there other guy to much . if you got the best team you are going to have a better chance at winning .   like I said it just my opinion

Quote from: Kirk on June 19, 2014, 04:59:27 AM
I've got a young team, so if someone else has an experienced player I want and I can steal a college player he wants I'll do it.

nothing wrong with that I had that happen to me several times thought out this game ... remember Hondo getting Freddy Bishop before I could while back .... it part of the game
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Flins.

Not sure what the issue is people have with folk scouting early, they've done it for the last couple of seasons. If I recall correctly, didn't Ian encourage it one season? Not sure how it could have any ill effect on the teams.

Jon

If you want to make who you scout public knowledge, then by all means be my guest. I love keeping track of it.

But I don't understand the criticism of keeping it between myself and Ian through PM. I'd rather not have anyone know who I scouted.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Kirk

Quote from: Flins. on June 19, 2014, 05:17:07 AM
Not sure what the issue is people have with folk scouting early, they've done it for the last couple of seasons. If I recall correctly, didn't Ian encourage it one season? Not sure how it could have any ill effect on the teams.

I don't have an issue with it. I was just surprised to see it happen so early. I don't really see any advantage to doing it early but I see plenty of potential problems. It people want to take the risk, it's up to them. If they want to tell everyone who they're scouting, that's great for the rest of us. I won't be doing either.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jon

Quote from: Flins. on June 19, 2014, 05:17:07 AM

Basically Ian had said, the earlier you get scouting in, the more in-depth report you may get from your assistant coach. Of course, this also depends on who your assistant coach is.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Jon on June 19, 2014, 06:48:08 AM
Basically Ian had said, the earlier you get scouting in, the more in-depth report you may get from your assistant coach. Of course, this also depends on who your assistant coach is.

Yeaaaahhhh in depth....

J-Reb

Man, you guys are whiny this season.

jagilki

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on June 19, 2014, 07:30:23 AM
Man, you guys are whiny this season.

WHO YOU CALLING WHINY?  BITCH!

* jagilki pulls knife

T-Bonizzle

Also when you scout the players build a relationship with your assistant coach, so the earlier you do so the stronger the relationship.

GM Hannibal

Quote from: T-Flower on June 19, 2014, 08:40:16 AM
Also when you scout the players build a relationship with your assistant coach, so the earlier you do so the stronger the relationship.

Is this a known part of the game, or your theory, because if it's accurate I'll find a few guys I'm interested in just to try and develop my front office staff a bit. That said, I don't want to just throw away my PR money because a former terrorist thinks it's a good idea...

Hondo

Quote from: jagilki on June 19, 2014, 07:38:42 AM
WHO YOU CALLING WHINY?  BITCH!

* jagilki pulls knife

...Insider?!?!?!?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty