News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

Quote from: Cory on July 11, 2014, 01:20:43 PM
There is being good at this game, being bad at this game, and being Franchise.

Careful now.

Some of us who've been here for a long time remember who Prancy's first antagonist/dance partner was in his special brand of GMing.

Captain Metro

I'm not surprised Prancy's alive. After partying with the Chicago five, sippin' gasoline is nothing.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Taurus

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 10, 2014, 07:01:56 PM
The Franchise FBL Death Count continues to rise.

SOMEBODY CALL 911!!!!

GM Hannibal

Question, regarding my "performance incentive" with my players and future dealing it... do I future deal it as soon as the terms are named, and then just pay out IF the terms are reached, or do I future deal it once a player fulfills the requirement and the money is for sure being spent?

Also, since I'm asking about future deal stuff, when will I receive scouting reports? According to the boards I future dealed it on the 7th, and haven't gotten them yet. No rush, and not to nag anyone, I just haven't done it before and don't want to slip through the cracks.

Thanks guys!

Flins.

You would need to future deal it now I'd imagine, just make sure it is clear.

Scout reports will be on their way, Ian will be working his way through them as there were quite a few of us that got them in early.

J-Reb

I'm not sure anyone has ever done incentive based PR- not sure it's even a thing.

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Flins. on July 12, 2014, 09:06:59 AM
Scout reports will be on their way, Ian will be working his way through them as there were quite a few of us that got them in early.

Fair enough, thank you kind sir.

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on July 12, 2014, 09:58:09 AM
I'm not sure anyone has ever done incentive based PR- not sure it's even a thing.

It seems to be. I tried it, and my players accepted it and Ian said to future deal it.
"GM Hannibal; changing the game since... well... now..."

FXBlade

Quote from: GM Hannibal on July 12, 2014, 10:05:29 AM

It seems to be. I tried it, and my players accepted it and Ian said to future deal it.
"GM Hannibal; changing the game since... well... now..."

Wouldn't really say that...

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 12, 2014, 05:23:26 AM
ALL THREE MEN LOOK AT EACH OTHER AND AGREE TO THIS WEIRD SUGGESTION. YOUR PR LADY REMINDS YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO FUTURE DEAL THIS AGREEMENT

Not really a super positive response is it

Kirk

I think it's a strange time to do it but not a bad idea. I've been thinking about something similar myself, so I'm interested to see how it goes.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

FXBlade

Quote from: Kirk on July 12, 2014, 10:46:30 AM
I think it's a strange time to do it but not a bad idea. I've been thinking about something similar myself, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Probably with the 3 in question fighting over who is going to have the ball so they can get paid.

Could potentially cause a rift

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Blade on July 12, 2014, 10:48:08 AM
Probably with the 3 in question fighting over who is going to have the ball so they can get paid.

Could potentially cause a rift

Yeah, I thought that was a possibility, and honestly considering how it seems this game is run it might be the probability. That said, I have a team that isn't going to win many games anyways, so seeing a week or two of a disjointed offense before going back to business as usual doesn't seem like the end of the world. Plus, it doesn't feel like something that would be held against me long term... at the end of the day all I'm offering to do is reward players with money that's available to me.

Gates

Can't fault you for trying, Hannibal. As an expansion team, sometimes you've got to take chances.

The intriguing thing to me, is that there aren't many players in the FBL that score 25 points per game normally...

Kirk

You don't offer a bonus for doing something normal.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Hannibal

Quote from: C.J. Gates on July 12, 2014, 10:55:48 AM
The intriguing thing to me, is that there aren't many players in the FBL that score 25 points per game normally...

Quote from: Kirk on July 12, 2014, 10:58:46 AM
You don't offer a bonus for doing something normal.

That pretty much sums it up.

At the end of these two games I want there to be as little grey area as possible... if someone hits that mark, it'll be pretty obvious the incentive was a factor and I'll more than happily pay out and keep it going. If my guys continue to score 14-16 going forward, then it didn't do much and I can re-evaluate. If someone hits 20, I can talk to the team, see what the key coaches/players think of it, and go from there. Besides, the next two games show us some weaker front courts so 25 isn't impossible, but it'll absolutely be worth a reward if it's reached.

Offering a PG a bonus for 10 assists, a bonus to the highest scoring bench player, top rebounder, etc. is well worth it if I have the extra cash, my players like it, and it gets results. It's just an experiment, maybe it works, maybe it doesnt... but if I'm going to lose all season anyways I might as well try and steal a few games along the way.

GM Hannibal

Could be worse... I could be killing off a coach... or a team... or a Franchise... *cough*