News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: Kirk on July 12, 2014, 10:46:30 AM
I think it's a strange time to do it but not a bad idea. I've been thinking about something similar myself, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Same here considering the low morale.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 12, 2014, 12:39:59 PM

You can implement it for the Tijuana Zonkeys.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 12, 2014, 12:39:59 PM

Thinking before acting helps.

T-Bonizzle

I considered it before Hannibal, I never pulled the trigger because of the Saints IRL.

FXBlade

Think it through...

So IF all guys go and hit the 25 points in both games...

Sure you are gonna win every game... until the PR runs out....

and then what?  You cant pay your players the bonuses....

Mutiny!

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Blade on July 13, 2014, 11:03:36 AM
Think it through...

So IF all guys go and hit the 25 points in both games...

Sure you are gonna win every game... until the PR runs out....

and then what?  You cant pay your players the bonuses....

Mutiny!

What? This was a challenge for two games, not a standing challenge for the season... the absolute WORST case scenario (financially) is that all three hit 25 in both games, and I'm out $750k PR. I'm not going to keep issuing incentives if I can't afford to pay it.

FXBlade

Quote from: GM Hannibal on July 13, 2014, 11:19:54 AM
What? This was a challenge for two games, not a standing challenge for the season... the absolute WORST case scenario (financially) is that all three hit 25 in both games, and I'm out $750k PR. I'm not going to keep issuing incentives if I can't afford to pay it.

Hmmmm....

QuoteAt the end of these two games I want there to be as little grey area as possible... if someone hits that mark, it'll be pretty obvious the incentive was a factor and I'll more than happily pay out and keep it going.

Your words not mine

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Blade on July 13, 2014, 11:26:34 AM
Hmmmm....

Your words not mine

LOL. Whatever, dude.

If you want to read "I'll happily keep this going" as "I'm going to do it every week, all the time, until I'm bankrupt and without options because I'm too dumb to understand a simple budget" then be my guest. It's pretty obvious by every comment you've made on the topic that you just don't like the idea, so I won't waste the time.

FXBlade

Quoteif someone hits that mark, it'll be pretty obvious the incentive was a factor and I'll more than happily pay out and keep it going.

How can I misread that?

I think you need to re read what I wrote.

I think you will find I stated a scenario and even capitalised the word IF

FXBlade

i could actually give a fuck what you do with your budget.  Dont like my comments, fucking dont read them.

And its not often i get pissed off.

The TeeJ of Philly

I'm with blade, that's nothing something you can misread.

I can't wait until there is a brawl between your players because they all want the ball to score.

Gates

Everyone just take a step back, it's a game, no need to rip each others heads off over something like that.

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Blade on July 13, 2014, 11:47:39 AM
i could actually give a fuck what you do with your budget.  Dont like my comments, fucking dont read them.

And its not often i get pissed off.

Why are you getting pissed off at all? Why is this an issue worth getting pissed over? I am trying to figure out a game that I've never played before, and am only involved in because Alex asked me to take his team. I'm trying something that may or may not work. I've admitted that. Everyone else has acknowledged that. You presented a scenario, I said that's a non-factor because I won't issue challenges when I can't pay the rewards... and now we're splitting hairs over semantics, and why?

Because it's a boring morning, apparently.

Do what you want, man. Talk shit, get pissed, ignore me altogether... I just don't see the need.

GM Hannibal

If someone hits the mark, and it's obvious the performance incentive was a factor, I'm more than willing to keep it going (on a case by case basis, when I feel the situation is appropriate and my budget allows... though this is not a binding contract that forces or commits me to doing it eternally).

There you go, here's the olive branch. This was more my intention, I just didn't realize everything would need to be clarified to that extent.

J-Reb

What happens if another player hits those marks on your roster- "What about me?"

I see this blowing up big time.  But then again, I'm no Dorling.  What do I know?