News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domingo

The Canadian team to the SL storyline didn't force anyone to do anything, they could have still been playing right now, but instead of seeing how it played out the GM's jumped ship and took what they wanted with them. It's common knowledge that if you leave/get fired from a team you sit out until the offseason. When a contract goes into effect makes no difference, if you're on an inactive team you're inactive.

Justin

But why should someone be rewarded for getting fired or leaving?  You left your team either voluntarily/involuntarily and therefore do not have a team until the next season starts.

How can you negotiate deals for a team you are not yet the GM of?

Domingo

Quote from: JustinP on July 28, 2014, 03:04:39 PM
But why should someone be rewarded for getting fired or leaving?  You left your team either voluntarily/involuntarily and therefore do not have a team until the next season starts.

Flins.

Hands off the cake TJ!

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: JustinP on July 28, 2014, 03:04:39 PM

*GM TJ sits in his home, pulls up agent's number*

Hey, I'd like to offer your guy this deal for this team I'll be apart of next year

Not that hard.

I'm saying it worked with the old system, this new system where you're just PMing Ian offers, it opens the possibility that it's a private call to an agent, so why, in theory, could a GM who is moving teams call an agent?

It's not rewarding those who are fired, it's leveling the playing field. New Mexico could have 0 players on the team next season, how is it fair to ask a GM of any level, to put together a competitive team with the stranglers of FA, a bunch of unknowns, and two picks? Then as much as we say the result of the games don't matter, they do. If you had 0 shot at getting a FA from this class, which is pretty good, had a chance at a high pick in the draift via the lottery, and would have to beat other teams from getting whatever new players are added that don't go through the draft (which isn't always a promise), how is that fair to New Mexico?

Like I said, I personally this year, am not affected this season by it, I'm covered, but I'm an anomaly and far more often you get teams that get taken over with no draft picks because the GM prior traded them away the offseason prior to get first round picks, few quality players because the GM prior took the good ones with him to the new team because the Owner of his new team didn't care what the fairness of the trade was, he was getting the GM he wanted.

I don't think in the "wow this new thing is great" idea. It is, but I look at how things could be more fair and balance, where there is a flaw, to me, and suggest how it could work.

Like make them at a disadvantage, they can't sell the player on why he should join the team and the fact they just left/got fired hurts their rep already, but why in theory, if GMs are stating their interest, can't any GM that is in the season state their interest? If we're just PMing offers to agents for next season, why can't the GMs that aren't with a team? "Because GMs who leave never got a chance before" yeah, but GMs who didn't never had to PM an offer to an agent, so if that changed, why can't this?

And yeah, I could have stayed with Montreal and stated my interest in agents, but what was the point if someone came in and stole Champaign from me, taking the team that was tied to my leaving franchise? That's why I left.

Domingo

But New Mexico has 6 players under contract as well as a first and second rounder.

Talon

The answer is the one we didn't realize...

Only the PR lady (or guy) has the phone number for agents and its super duper top secret, so only a PR person can patch you through to the agent.  Since you are not officially with the team or in an office to talk to said PR person, you can not reach the agent. 

... That's my answer and I'm sticking to it, for now.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Domingo

I actually like that answer. Not to mention,  when had this game ever been fair?

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Domingo on July 28, 2014, 05:41:57 PM
But New Mexico has 6 players under contract as well as a first and second rounder.

As of right now, I don't believe Ian has done the player shuffling to the SL. They could be down to 0 and only the two picks.

Fuck you Talon for that logic. It works.

And probably at the beginning. I mean, Franchise actually had a decent rep then.

I say what i feel, I feel at times the game can be unfair to some people, both in and against their favors.

Domingo

But he has done the SK movement for many teams already, and posted some in general news.

Gates

Quote from: Domingo on July 28, 2014, 06:36:26 PM
But he has done the SK movement for many teams already, and posted some in general news.

He did them for the first few teams but not for the last batch of protections (From Greenville on I believe).

The TeeJ of Philly

He hasn't done any but two, Montreal and Calgary which they either went to the SL or went to the respective FBL team taht replaced them.

Jon

Well nobody is the GM of New Mexico, so maybe Ian will do the FAing for them. Who knows.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Talon

There aren't that many players coming in from The SL either, meaning less players to move to the SL, right?

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Mike Powers

Quote from: Domingo on July 28, 2014, 06:36:26 PM

There's an SK in this game?

Vote Franchise