News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

Quote from: JustinP on October 01, 2014, 07:34:12 AM
The new rookie contracts now puts an emphasis on building your current team to minimize the need to continuously draft players all the time.

I agree with that. I'll be looking to trade away my picks later in the season.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Justin

Is it my turn in the draft?

Jon

Don't rush T-Bone... he'll get angry.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Flins.

Quote from: Jon on October 01, 2014, 07:36:23 AM
Or Norman Specks isn't very good at player development.

I thought the assistants only had an effect on the development of rookies and second year rookies?

Gates

Maybe moving Ale to the bench and bringing in Hull has had a negative reaction?

Flins.

A negative reaction to morale, possibly, to player development though? That'd make no sense. I am guessing it just a case of natural decline with some, and a more realistic grades being used for others. Ale didn't play like a C+ last season, and I was expecting Hull's grade to drop, but I still think there is potential there, more than Ale at least. With Klomen, he was somewhat of an unknown, but again you could say his performance last season was not at what you'd expect from his grade. I'm not overly fussed, just thought it was funny that the team has been strengthened, put appears to be weaker.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever paid attention to their training and the effect it has had on their player? Just something I will be monitoring this season, as I'm pretty much at the point where I am willing to risk pissing off my Head Coach to be rid of Specks. Last chance for me to see an upside in him.

J-Reb

I've never had a player that I've trained improve. So, luck of the draw I guess.

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Jon on October 01, 2014, 07:52:08 AM
Don't rush T-Bone... he'll get angry.

DAMMIT JON GET OFF MY BACK

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: JustinP on October 01, 2014, 07:34:12 AM
The new rookie contracts now puts an emphasis on building your current team to minimize the need to continuously draft players all the time.

Hard to build a team when either you get fired within your first two years, you can't protect every player, or other GMs are overpaying mediocre talent so much that the good talent want more money than you can afford.

I just think it's a way to not have the funds to scout.

J-Reb

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on October 01, 2014, 09:18:17 AM
Hard to build a team when either you get fired within your first two years, you can't protect every player, or other GMs are overpaying mediocre talent so much that the good talent want more money than you can afford.

I just think it's a way to not have the funds to scout.

It's the flaw in the fantasy game that doesn't happen in the NBA.  You have to have new players enter the league via draft every year or the league becomes stagnant - in an 8-person team, fantasy league you can't just add 64 players and not have at least that many disappear.

The draft is part of the fun of the game - can you effectively draft young guys that you can eventually work in to your rotation and be effective?  You can't eliminate it...so, you've got to find a way to drop 2 guys from each roster to make it work.  Unprotecting them and moving them to the SL is the only way to make that work.  If guys would just keep their picks, draft and develop, it would make the game a lot more smooth - but it's easy to get worked up and trade your future for a stopgap.

The TeeJ of Philly

I agree but the amount of pr going to rookies makes building a team impossible combined with protections and the history of gms patterns. Thus making, IMO, the draft not fun. I love the offseason more than the regular season. It's fun to build a team and make it better each year. Im in a position of building a team. I have young players around Mack and adding more to build a team.

Side note it's about to get interesting.

J-Reb

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on October 01, 2014, 09:57:06 AM
I agree but the amount of pr going to rookies makes building a team impossible combined with protections and the history of gms patterns. Thus making, IMO, the draft not fun. I love the offseason more than the regular season. It's fun to build a team and make it better each year. Im in a position of building a team. I have young players around Mack and adding more to build a team.

Side note it's about to get interesting.

It can't always be the same formula - the game would get tiring quick. 

I do like the approach w/ Nigel.  It's about to hit the fan...but hey, fun for me to read. :)

Jennifer

We'll have to wait and see what happens when it comes time to renegotiate the rookie deals... Cash stated that the agents had to make back the money somehow, so it's possible the second year renewals will eradicate the PR spend for a lot of players.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

T-Bonizzle

Most GMs aren't even trying to negotiate....so the agents have all the power...

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jennifer on October 01, 2014, 10:09:46 AM
We'll have to wait and see what happens when it comes time to renegotiate the rookie deals... Cash stated that the agents had to make back the money somehow, so it's possible the second year renewals will eradicate the PR spend for a lot of players.

This is what I'm thinking as well.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible