Captain Metro

Quote from: Krazy on January 18, 2015, 12:19:00 AM
Ready to get rid of the rude prick Lyle Fredricks off my team. Any offers

I offer the rights to Jon Teas.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Rob

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 17, 2015, 10:19:32 PM
Nah, you brought over a lot of talent and some picks with you. Tempe before Dorling's departure and New Mexico would be two to look at since both teams had one or two players to start with. I'm sure there were others but those two I remember having almost no players at the start of the season.

When I joined Bismarck I had 1 player. I managed to grab a draft pick for Dane. The rest was wall free agency
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Also, great job Reya! Not sure why a small guide with Do's and Don'ts hasn't been posted before!
SixersEagles

[/center]

TimBucktuo

Someone offered me a trade for my best player and had a forum signature that has the word trape in it. I asked and trape is trade rape. I don't trust offers from people with trade rape in their signature it makes me feel they want to take advantage of my inexperience.

Mike Powers

Quote from: TimBucktuo on January 18, 2015, 05:02:55 AM
Someone offered me a trade for my best player and had a forum signature that has the word trape in it. I asked and trape is trade rape. I don't trust offers from people with trade rape in their signature it makes me feel they want to take advantage of my inexperience.

Hmm, I wonder who he's talking about....

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Captain Metro

Quote from: Rob on January 18, 2015, 05:20:05 AM
Tyty?

Naw - Ty's managed to make trades with people before. Hasn't worked out well for him (see: Cunningham) but that's probably the best way to tell if someone makes fair offers is based on the number of trades they've made. The one thing I'd change in Reya's document is to put a stress that this game is about managing relationships, and it's not just with the players/coaches - but also the other GM's.

You have to be able to work with them at some point so to make enemies makes no sense. If I didn't like Black Death when he wanted to move up in the draft to get Laguana I wouldn't have listened to his trade offer. While he didn't get to keep that team - they ended up turning Laguana into T-Pow. It's the same reason I seem to make a trade with Strike and Gates each off-season, and made a couple deals with Reno last off-season based on our initial deal. It takes two to tango everytime and if they consistently are able to make sure that both parties feel they benefit then they're probably not putting you over their knee. I don't think Krazy will make a deal with Hondo this off-season after the reaction to their trade in the last.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: TimBucktuo on January 18, 2015, 05:02:55 AM

The fella with "Trape" in his signature, isn't taking advantage of your inexperience, that would be the future deal you are offered from one Hondo and again, don't trade with him until you understand the game.

The guy with trape in signature as a joke, as when he first started out, he made trades with people that others (incorrectly most of the time) viewed as a trape. Knowing the gentleman the way I do, he probably offered multiple picks for the player he was asking for, and you do not have picks as it stands currently.

Lesson to be learned here: he's a sheep in wolves clothing.

Gravedigger

Quote from: Rob on January 18, 2015, 07:36:01 PM
Bismarck Trade
Val Keaton
Tre Majoe
Bobby Dane
Pittsburghs 2nd round

Baton Rouge trade
JR Valentine
Justin Crane
Kennedy Frazier

Is there something I'm missing here? Why is this deal being made?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on January 18, 2015, 07:40:01 PM
Is there something I'm missing here? Why is this deal being made?

He's probably the new GM of Baton Rouge.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Most lopsided trade in FBL history

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on January 18, 2015, 07:51:32 PM
Most lopsided trade in FBL history

More so than the Mississippi/Virginia trade?
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kirk

These trades for switching teams are utterly ridiculous. It's seems better to wait for a GM to get fired and then trape that team instead of building one yourself.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

Surprised Bismarck didn't get draft picks to help even it out. But hey, if the owner agrees to it.....good job dude.   

Rob

It's not like I'm giving Bismarck shit. All are good players on good contracts. The person that takes over Bismarck will have the luxury of not joining an empty team and will have the money to spend. I've taken all the PR contracts away so now they're only spending 1.5m and their coaches so they will have a smegload of the stuff. The person that takes over there is going to be in a nice position of having money on their side.
SixersEagles

[/center]