News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

Quote from: Reya Serra on January 20, 2015, 05:34:40 PM
I figured it would be better to express interest in him, Ian confirm that Hondo FCD'd the deal and the interest being moot rather than to not express interest and have him wind up actually be an available free agent and missing out on him.

Yup. Pretty much this. It's worth a shot if it didn't get FCD'd and if it did...hey, Hondo continues to keep him.

TimBucktuo

If Honda didn't sign this vinyl guy will he be super expensive because he's super popular?

Strike

Quote from: TimBucktuo on January 20, 2015, 05:48:42 PM
If Honda didn't sign this vinyl guy will he be super expensive because he's super popular?

He's one of the better, young players around...so yes, the price tag might be high if he is going into FA.

But he's a solid enough guy that many teams in the league could use/build around. Just depends on what you're looking to do.

Krazy

Is there a playoff standing coming up soon. Since we are at midseason here!

Gates

Quote from: Krazy on January 20, 2015, 06:04:37 PM
Is there a playoff standing coming up soon. Since we are at midseason here!

The current standings are posted in the Schedule and Results thread...

GM Franchise

Quote from: C.J. Gates on January 20, 2015, 06:05:43 PM
The current standings are posted in the Schedule and Results thread...

^^^
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Quote from: Strike on January 20, 2015, 05:38:30 PM
Yup. Pretty much this. It's worth a shot if it didn't get FCD'd and if it did...hey, Hondo continues to keep him.

This is how I feel about the matter as well. It's worth a shot given Vinyl's talent level.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gravedigger

Agreed. I think I'll put my team down too...

TimBucktuo

What would happen if Honda put in the contracts place before free agent season that he signed Vinyl to a contract?

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: TimBucktuo on January 20, 2015, 07:52:53 PM
What would happen if Honda put in the contracts place before free agent season that he signed Vinyl to a contract?

Hondo.

And he'd be prefectly fine. None of this would have happened.

TimBucktuo

What if he was to put it in there now.

The TeeJ of Philly

I believe that's what his quotes of his talk with the agent is meant to do, but this is a first (since it's the second year of this free agency system).

Also it may piss off the agent and vinyl who are now intrigued by the market for the player.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The TeeJ of Philly on January 20, 2015, 08:07:38 PM
Also it may piss off the agent and vinyl who are now intrigued by the market for the player.

This would be ideal.

J-Reb

Could also be the inverse.  The agent could freak out from all you piranha's and refuse to work with you in the future.

Kirk

Quote from: Rob on January 20, 2015, 10:24:12 AM
Kind of an unfair move Kirk.

How's it unfair? He's on the updated list of Free Agents. If Ian made a mistake, he will correct it. If Hondo made a mistake, he's gotten away with it up until now but no other GM would be able to keep a player he didn't FCD a deal for without having to fight again to sign a contract. Vinyl is a player who would drastically improve my team, so I'm not going to ignore him as a free agent just to be nice to Hondo.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img