Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

Quote from: Jon on March 08, 2015, 06:42:48 PM
Rebel are you passing in the draft?

I'm locked in.  So, yes.

T-Bonizzle

Whoops, Flins forgot about CAT CAMP

Jon

Domingo is up now with Gates to close it out.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Rob

" GM Rob has inserted rookie Abdul Moussa who fell to him in the second round despite being graded a first round talent by most scouts.  I look for Moussa to play with a chip on his shoulder for being overlooked."

This is incorrect, Moussa is the number 2 pick
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Why is Krazy refusing to sign a player for "too high a contract" when he has all that cap space. It can't be particularly wise...
SixersEagles

[/center]

jagilki

because Krazy is going to Krazy.

Jon

Quote from: Rob on March 08, 2015, 07:10:15 PM
Why is Krazy refusing to sign a player for "too high a contract" when he has all that cap space. It can't be particularly wise...

I actually commend him for it.

Justin

Quote from: Rob on March 08, 2015, 07:09:10 PM
" GM Rob has inserted rookie Abdul Moussa who fell to him in the second round despite being graded a first round talent by most scouts.  I look for Moussa to play with a chip on his shoulder for being overlooked."

This is incorrect, Moussa is the number 2 pick

Ah damn, I confused him with the two African players that got chosen in the second round.  My bad on that.

Rob

You do? He's gonna lose out on the player here for being unnecessarily stubborn, I think.

Quote from: JustinP on March 08, 2015, 07:13:34 PM
Ah damn, I confused him with the two African players that got chosen in the second round.  My bad on that.

No worries mate, otherwise enjoyed it. Always a great read.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Justin

He was drafted in the second round, correct?

I wouldn't give him that contract either.

Rob

I don't think Krazy has anything to gain by refusing to pay that contract though. Take the hit now and if it doesn't work out then cross that bridge at the end of the season with protections.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Justin

Quote from: Rob on March 08, 2015, 07:16:53 PM
I don't think Krazy has anything to gain by refusing to pay that contract though. Take the hit now and if it doesn't work out then cross that bridge at the end of the season with protections.

I think he is right in taking the stand.  If he takes this ramming in the ass with a razor wired dildo then the stigma will carry with him.  Take BD for example...agents know they can ask a premium for their guys because BD has a history of spending huge amounts on contracts.  Take Franchise...he's been historically bad so in order for him to get decent players he is going to have to pay extra.  Krazy is trying to quell that in the beginning and I applaud him for that.

Jon

If you build a rep on signing players for more than they are worth... then you end up in Franchise/BD land.

Where they continue to sign players for more then they are worth.

He is setting a precedent that he won't be taken advantage of. Sometimes you lose players because of this. But if he stays int he FBL long enough, he'll see the rewards of that.

Talon immediately comes to mind for someone not afraid to lose someone for asking for more money then they are worth.

And who is to say Feeler isn't a D graded player.

I back Krazy on that decision, wholeheartedly.

Adam Wrong

Plus the initial offer was over the max rookie wage to try and catch him out. Good work I say

Rob

That's a fair way of looking at it guys. Obviously I hope he gets the guy but at the same time, I hope he's not pushing too hard on this one.
SixersEagles

[/center]