News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

Quote from: Jon on March 14, 2015, 02:23:06 AM
I wish my team was in the SouthEast.

We ain't skeered of you.

Justin

Quote from: Jon on March 14, 2015, 02:23:06 AM
I wish my team was in the SouthEast.

We do have the reigning FBL Champions. I dont blame you

Adam Wrong

Silly question, will having somebody from a country that doesn't exist anymore potentially be an issue?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaire

Talon

Quote from: Adam Wrong on March 14, 2015, 08:41:09 AM
Silly question, will having somebody from a country that doesn't exist anymore potentially be an issue?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaire

It still exists in this world... I did PR referencing its lack of existence a few seasons ago and got red LOL... In just waiting for characters from Rhodesia.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Black Death

honest zeus , think you may have jumped the gun , like you said you did not have any issues with them. yo should gone in with your head high ,  do a new deal with one , get the best you can and than do the other deal ... I think more than likely you could got both at lesser deal .  hey now you got to live with it , you live you learn , you move on
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

FXBlade

He had the cap space its all good.  its something that can be manoeuvred around next season.  Who is to say that they dont jump from B+ to A- and would have both been looking for that anyway.  At least he can work around it.

Gates

Well, you were half right Blade...

Domingo

I haven't forgotten, it's spring break and I've been doing a bunch of stuff with my kids since I took vacation time. I'm working on it though.

FXBlade

Quote from: Gates on March 14, 2015, 09:58:02 AM
Well, you were half right Blade...

Ha yeah, my timing couldn't have been worse lol!

Well atleast one of them increased, the other decreased.  Still not the end of the world, but still not trade bait either as no one is going to pay 25 million for a B player, unless one of the rebuilding teams take him on, but then it looks bad and will screw their wage structure.

I guess its a curse in Virginia.  BD and Reya really ruined that team lol

Black Death

Quote from: #ItsBlade on March 14, 2015, 10:26:49 AM
Ha yeah, my timing couldn't have been worse lol!

Well atleast one of them increased, the other decreased.  Still not the end of the world, but still not trade bait either as no one is going to pay 25 million for a B player, unless one of the rebuilding teams take him on, but then it looks bad and will screw their wage structure.

I guess its a curse in Virginia.  BD and Reya really ruined that team lol

ha ha ha ha ...

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

J-Reb

It's a new league now with the extended rosters.  Who knows how things are going to play out - there aren't exactly an abundance of B players floating around that are available...so, perhaps, the $25m won't be too much of a burden.  Plus we've seen where the longer players stay with a team, they more productive they are, and sometimes produce above their grade levels. 

Lincoln Frazier took a little while but because Jag didn't play around with him and/or trade him to a bunch of teams, he eventually became one of the top 4-5 players in the game.

FXBlade

Quote from: J-Reb on March 14, 2015, 10:56:18 AM
It's a new league now with the extended rosters.  Who knows how things are going to play out - there aren't exactly an abundance of B players floating around that are available...so, perhaps, the $25m won't be too much of a burden.  Plus we've seen where the longer players stay with a team, they more productive they are, and sometimes produce above their grade levels. 

Lincoln Frazier took a little while but because Jag didn't play around with him and/or trade him to a bunch of teams, he eventually became one of the top 4-5 players in the game.

Thats kind of what I mean.

He had the cap space, he has a team built around it.  There wasnt an abundance of 'bench' players apart from through scouting and even some of those were hit and miss.

Maybe their 'positive' attitude due to awesome contracts will benefit the team

The TeeJ of Philly

I think is bad whenever you put half of a team's salary into 2 guys. He that's 50 mil for 10 other players, and it shows he has 5 D or worse guys on his bench and his AC, the coach that helps better the bench, is a D. He was able to build because he just filled his bench with regional guys who are bad and because his next best guys are rookies who most likely be on the team in two years.

He's expected to make the playoffs and I don't think that is going to come close in that division....BUT THAT SPOILS MY EDITORIAL!!!

FXBlade

Quote from: The TeeJ of Philly on March 14, 2015, 11:39:32 AM
I think is bad whenever you put half of a team's salary into 2 guys. He that's 50 mil for 10 other players, and it shows he has 5 D or worse guys on his bench and his AC, the coach that helps better the bench, is a D. He was able to build because he just filled his bench with regional guys who are bad and because his next best guys are rookies who most likely be on the team in two years.

He's expected to make the playoffs and I don't think that is going to come close in that division....BUT THAT SPOILS MY EDITORIAL!!!

Go back to when it started.  I had more than 2/3 of my teams salary in Lights, Mays and Robinson.  Back when 9 million was a high contract!

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: #ItsBlade on March 14, 2015, 11:55:11 AM
Go back to when it started.  I had more than 2/3 of my teams salary in Lights, Mays and Robinson.  Back when 9 million was a high contract!

That was a different FBL, like Rebel said, it's a new one with a deeper bench, where you could win a title going 6 deep. It's also a league with more injuries to come. You need depth. Teams are going to find that out this year.