News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Quote from: Adam Wrong on May 23, 2015, 05:39:55 AM
I love chomp and robs relationship. They are the Bert and Ernie of fbl

Dibs on Bert
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Lots of people gone AWOL lately
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think to be fair cause I am working so much its also a reflection on me not being on here as much. Beauty however, of FBL is there is no real time time scale, so I will only usually autolock if we are down to 1 or 2 teams left to lock in.

Fun, relaxed game.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Adam Wrong

South East all locked in!

Jon

AUTO LOCK!

AUTO LOCK!

AUTO LOCK!

AUTO LOCK!

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am at home for the first part of next working week, so if I havent had the updates then yes...we shall go to AUTOLOCK.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Just to keep everyone aware, I think some of the love for FBL has died off a little. Hey, I am glad we got this far...and I guess my over ambition of trying to bring in more and more teams kind of failed given the long absences between lock ins.

I am going to drop 8 teams from the league next season...we will go back to 24 total teams. 12 in each Conference...no more divisions with a different playoff format.

I am basing this decision to keep the game moving forward quicker for the regulars and also make it a bit more of a kudos to run a FBL team rather than me almost begging people to play the game.

I will try and keep a lot of the original franchises with history, some of the newer ones will get the chop. But obviously not the GMs. Those committed to the game will always have a place here in the FBL.

Its a tough decision and certainly not an easy one...but its one I think I have to make for the future of the game to at least have some momentum.

Strike

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 31, 2015, 12:03:49 AM
Just to keep everyone aware, I think some of the love for FBL has died off a little. Hey, I am glad we got this far...and I guess my over ambition of trying to bring in more and more teams kind of failed given the long absences between lock ins.

I am going to drop 8 teams from the league next season...we will go back to 24 total teams. 12 in each Conference...no more divisions with a different playoff format.

I am basing this decision to keep the game moving forward quicker for the regulars and also make it a bit more of a kudos to run a FBL team rather than me almost begging people to play the game.

I will try and keep a lot of the original franchises with history, some of the newer ones will get the chop. But obviously not the GMs. Those committed to the game will always have a place here in the FBL.

Its a tough decision and certainly not an easy one...but its one I think I have to make for the future of the game to at least have some momentum.

I think while the decision couldn't have been easy, it's definitely a good one and I feel it'll keep things moving forward for sure. Plus, guys now gotta know that they have to do good or someone else will be in the wings ready to take their jerbs!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am also basing some of the decision making in terms of "franchise cutting" around ones without storylines going forward I have in play. So for example...San Diego will probably be cut seeing as the GM hasn't been around much and its a franchise that has really never got off the ground.

I'd like to stress though to people, dont take this as a slight from me at all. I have listened to a lot of what has been said in there being too many teams now (not enough particpants alongside) and constantly having to look at autolocks cause of slower reactions from GMs.

I have also been guilty of slower reactions recently, but I do need GMs to be reactive and that only works if the GMs are active so to speak!

Jon

I applaud you Ian on a difficult, but right decision!

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

Rob

To be perfectly honest I had wondered the same thing.

I hope I'm one of the GMs that has a team next season
SixersEagles

[/center]

TimBucktuo

I like this decision

Adam Wrong

Agreed. But I do hope there is a home for me next season

J-Reb

Quote from: Adam Wrong on May 31, 2015, 07:39:09 AM
Agreed. But I do hope there is a home for me next season

Apply for one of the open GM positions. That's the only way to guarantee yourself a spot.