News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: T-Chen on July 20, 2015, 09:33:40 PM
I wouldn't take it as a personal shot to you...

I agree with this. Reading too much into it. I seriously doubt Ian has a personal vendetta against you.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

I never said anything about any sort of vendetta. It was a dig at me though, and one that was uncalled for.

I've payed this game for what, 8 seasons? 9? I dunno, I've lost track. I've also been a member of these boards for over 5 years now. Not once have I been auto locked, or disappeared unexpectedly, leaving people hanging. And in that time, I've seen countless people auto locked for a variety of reasons, without some sort of snarky dig at their absence. It happens to me once, after a trying couple of weeks in my personal life, and that's the shit I have to face as I get back into the game?

I was genuinely touched that, during my absence, I received multiple pm's/shout outs in threads wishing me well. I made a thread thanking people, and received more well wishes. Then, on the other sign of the coin, "do you think you could show up for work more regularly?" For fucking real?!? What a bunch of snarky, passive aggressive bullshit.

You two don't see it my way....that's fine. I honestly don't care if I'm the only one that sees what I see. You don't have to agree, and I'm not going to expend more energy explaining myself.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 20, 2015, 11:01:42 PM
I never said anything about any sort of vendetta. It was a dig at me though, and one that was uncalled for.

I've payed this game for what, 8 seasons? 9? I dunno, I've lost track. I've also been a member of these boards for over 5 years now. Not once have I been auto locked, or disappeared unexpectedly, leaving people hanging. And in that time, I've seen countless people auto locked for a variety of reasons, without some sort of snarky dig at their absence. It happens to me once, after a trying couple of weeks in my personal life, and that's the shit I have to face as I get back into the game?

I was genuinely touched that, during my absence, I received multiple pm's/shout outs in threads wishing me well. I made a thread thanking people, and received more well wishes. Then, on the other sign of the coin, "do you think you could show up for work more regularly?" For fucking real?!? What a bunch of snarky, passive aggressive bullshit.

You two don't see it my way....that's fine. I honestly don't care if I'm the only one that sees what I see. You don't have to agree, and I'm not going to expend more energy explaining myself.

Black Death

Bro... I think you overreacted for real. That my feeling toward it. 

Hell I would have reply ,  "if you guys would play better , I would actually have reason to show up"

It was basically Apollo telling you , in his own way , No ...he does not know how to motivate them , that your job

Hey , sorry to see you go ,I wish it did not have to be this way ,  hope everything is well for you and your family
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Adam Wrong

Mate I agree with black death. Everything is in character and ian would never take a personal swipe at you. I do feel you have jumped the gun a little with your reaction but if you feel that strongly about it, then you've done the right thing. I'd have probably sent ian a pm simply saying, "dude, wtf was that post all about. I am pretty offended about it."

But that's just me. Hope you are getting everything sorted.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 20, 2015, 11:01:42 PM

It was in character Mike...if you dont want to play they dont play mate, but it was done in character. The character of Kadeon Apollo is a controversial and confrontational individual everything from block parties to hanging out with Jimmy Street.

This was by no means and is no means any personal swipe against you...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jon

So...

How bout them Yankees?

Justin

Jon

T-Bone scurried with his tail tucked between his legs and a price for his head.

T-Bonizzle

Captain Metro

Quote from: Jon on July 22, 2015, 02:57:44 PM
T-Bone scurried with his tail tucked between his legs and a price for his head.

+1 ... can't wait for the fall out.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Mike Powers

For those who have followed my drama, here is the update.  Ian and I have conversed via PM and sorted things out.  I'll be staying in the game.

Jon

Bone, I am curious... what were you trying to accomplish with the L-Mart thing? Seemed like a waste of $1 MM in PR. Usually in a sponsorship, they pay you to put their product in your arena or on your clothing, etc...

Justin

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 22, 2015, 09:29:50 PM
For those who have followed my drama, here is the update.  Ian and I have conversed via PM and sorted things out.  I'll be staying in the game.

Good. Glad you were able to settle things

Talon

You must be special, Ian deleted a post for you.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016