News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Captain Metro

I think the vote should be about what is best for the game so in that regards I vote yes. I believe this game is better when everyone is able to play and we're currently operating at 1/2 essentially.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Jennifer

I've gone a bit back and forth but I think ultimately it's best for us not to play another half of a huge season with most of the GM seats empty - so I'll go ahead and say YES.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Rob

Could I please change my answer to NO?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Mike Powers

I'm struggling with this. My survival instinct has kicked in and the prospect of not being fired for not making expectations is soooo tempting.

But, in the end, I'll vote NO. If I'm fired, I'm fired. I'd rather play out the string than not.

Flins.

YES. I like the idea of some of the other suggestions, but with these options, I am voting this way.

Talon

You guys realize how many season would have NOT been completed IF WE skipped ahead every time the league was low on GMs?

How many news stories never happen, how many moments don't exist.

How many championships are considered tainted because people only played half the game.

How about those teams that came back and won big winning streaks to end a year and then ride it to the finals.

Anyways. I'm amazed everyone is so quick to fold and say scew it.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Flins.

I would agree, if we were skipping as of right now. But we're talking about four games. Now unless any of the GM's were to implode closing in on the end of the season, there is little difference they could make to the teams morale/performance. Whenever we usually get to that period in the season, we're short on active GM's due to firings and so forth, and the guys still in charge are either prepping for the next season/or going through the motions and waiting until the play offs. Don't see it as folding, more just speeding up that process with the leagues current circumstances.

Captain Metro

Quote from: Talon on July 25, 2015, 04:43:05 PM
You guys realize how many season would have NOT been completed IF WE skipped ahead every time the league was low on GMs?

How many championships are considered tainted because people only played half the game.

How about those teams that came back and won big winning streaks to end a year and then ride it to the finals.

I 100% agree with you Talon - but I don't believe we've ever hit 50% ... especially with the ameloriation of teams this makes sense. Usually I'd vote no but already this season has been dragging along and I don't see it getting better ...

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Talon on July 25, 2015, 04:43:05 PM

I voted yes two fold.

1. Self preservation. The less chances i have to screw up the better for me. A shortened season is preferable otherwise i might end up pulling a Justin and crushing Ollies little girl dreams.

2. Its not as fun when you DONT have the other GMs to play off of. My division has been much more impacted by it.

3. Dont you even think of saying my title is tainted. Dont you talk about the precious that way!!

Talon

At least Pancho is being honest about his reasons, but if we do it now are we going to cop out every time GMs fuck up and get fired?

It's a terrible president to set IMO, but hey if it happens it happens, but I am FAR less motivated to play in that scenario. Punish the GMs who want to play from start to finish to accommodate those who couldn't last and those who want to get to the "fun" part.

Alas, I'm done with it. Vote cast, point made. If  I am in the minority so be it.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016