News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravedigger

Quote from: T-Chen on August 21, 2015, 03:24:55 PM
Sean Scott is like, Reno's star player right now.

I know that. I was referring to Gooch's FCD post...

Jon

Quote from: Gravedigger on August 21, 2015, 03:25:43 PM
I know that. I was referring to Gooch's FCD post...

I know that. I was referring to your clusterfuck in your thread...

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gravedigger

I didn't respond to you, Jon...

As for my thread, if you look at the Free Agent sheet, Taylor Devon is listed as a rookie, which is why I questioned his experience. Sorry I don't keep up with who is on the bench for Vegas each season.... There's six guys that were listed as rookies, so I don't think the "You should know better because they're not in the draft" thing applies....

As for the low ball thing, first response I got was "He will probably sign for a foreign league". No mention of taking an offense to the offer. Second time, it was accepted. Third one, with no offense given to either one, I get the message about it's not going to work.... right after it had worked on the negotiation before that.... How would I know it wasn't going to work on that one? The only other guy I supposedly lowballed was KC Glenn, but what has he done to be worth 8 million a season?

The TeeJ of Philly

Dude the rookie thing is wrong. It was addressed when I tried to get a second chance at Emmanuel Ruiz. The explanation is in Tampas thread

TimBucktuo

If it weren't a slow week for me, I wouldn't have time to read every thread everyday. Nor should digger be expected the same.

Flins.

Right, just got back from the camping trip and it seems I have a shit load to catch up on. Two things I have read in the OOC that I am confused with; are the guys we regionally scouted in the draft? If so, what exactly is the benefit of them? I had two batches of them, one had grades the other didn't, other than that it was just names and details. Were we supposed to sign them last season? If that is the case, this sort of thing needs to be made clearer.

Second one, what is with the locking in again before the draft? What exactly is this period for? Just free agency/SL trading?

Gates

Some of the guys people regionally scouted ended up being in the FA pool at the start of the off season. I don't think that holds for everyone though (check the free agent pdf in the free agent thread).

As for the second, I believe it's just a chance for the SL/Euro/AAA to get full...basically seems like a lock in to say you're done off loading to the SL and whatnot. Make sure everyones ready for the draft. Thats what it seems like anyways.

Flins.

Right, got it. Just read through a few threads, starting to get an idea what the dealio is. The two guys I had wanted to sign from my regional scouting were quickly picked up though, not surprising I guess with the new system in place for it. I think it is a good change, but I do think these sort of changes need to be highlighted earlier. Still, onwards and upwards, time to get butt-raped over Malone.

Talon

Quote from: TimBucktuo on August 21, 2015, 04:09:12 PM
If it weren't a slow week for me, I wouldn't have time to read every thread everyday. Nor should digger be expected the same.

If you don't read the threads it's your fault when you miss things. You don't HAVE to read them but you run the risk of missing information.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Gravedigger

Quote from: The TeeJ of Philly on August 21, 2015, 04:07:20 PM
Dude the rookie thing is wrong. It was addressed when I tried to get a second chance at Emmanuel Ruiz. The explanation is in Tampas thread

I know that now, as I saw your message to the Commish, but I didn't know it when I was talking to Don Figs. He wasn't a rookie in any case. Devon was in FBL last season, just labeled as a rookie.

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Flins. on August 21, 2015, 04:12:05 PM
Right, just got back from the camping trip and it seems I have a shit load to catch up on. Two things I have read in the OOC that I am confused with; are the guys we regionally scouted in the draft? If so, what exactly is the benefit of them? I had two batches of them, one had grades the other didn't, other than that it was just names and details. Were we supposed to sign them last season? If that is the case, this sort of thing needs to be made clearer.

Second one, what is with the locking in again before the draft? What exactly is this period for? Just free agency/SL trading?

Anyone you regionally scouted last season ended up in the pool of free agents once this off-season began. The advantage anyone who scouted regionally HAD was that they could have signed these players before the off-season (and probably got better scout information but I'm not sure.)

And yeah, pretty much.

Flins.

Quote from: T-Chen on August 21, 2015, 04:32:42 PM
Anyone you regionally scouted last season ended up in the pool of free agents once this off-season began. The advantage anyone who scouted regionally HAD was that they could have signed these players before the off-season (and probably got better scout information but I'm not sure.)

And yeah, pretty much.

Was this explained or mentioned by Ian at any point? I saw a post from him saying we had ample to sign but nothing saying it was possible, given it was something that was never possible previously. Not trying to be negative, just come back to a mass of information and change and I'm trying to figure it all out haha

T-Bonizzle

I didn't regionally scout so I'm not 100% sure, but based on what Ian said in the chat the other night that is what I think he meant.

TimBucktuo

I might be blind by this but why is Monty green so highly valued?

T-Bonizzle

Cause he's rated a B+