News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

World Cup qualifying

Started by Duckman, September 11, 2008, 01:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

So, England fans, where the fuck are you?  Thought you'd be jumping all over the boards after that performance the other night.

I watched the game and thought England where fantastic.  Wallcott of course but Rooney had his best game for England in years.  Heskey did a great job and ran himself into the ground.  As a team they pressed the ball well all over the pitch, didn't let Croatia to get into the game at all and put them to the sword when they went down to 10 men.

Good result for Scotland but the performance was still pretty ragged.  It was great to get the win but I get the feeling this could be a tough group to get out of for the Scots.

Some notible results are Finland and Germany drawing 3-3, especially with Germany only equalising in injury time!  Denmark beating Portugal 3-2 in Lisbon was a hell of a shock as well!

Anyway, some great games, a performance from England to show that there might be some light at the end of the tunnel after all and Scotland got 3 points!  That'll do nicely!

What'd you guys make of the results and performances?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ally

I didnt want to comment just because I wasnt really surprised however I dont want people to think we're going to win everything now because we have won 1 game.

Fact is 3-4 years ago we'd expect to beat Croatia and a mix of both England decline and Croatian increase has meant that a 1-4 win is suddenly a world cup winning performance. I'm excited about progress, the "pressure" on Capello was scandalous however I still remember England 5-1 Germany.

One thing I will mention however is Emile Heskey, jesus christ ive been screaming for this to happen for years. Our strike force is two small nippy people, or someone small and nippy and someone in the hole. No. It just doesnt work, we NEED a Heskey up front and regardless of HIS goalscoring record if you look at the goalscoring record of people who play WITH him you can see why he should be in the side more often or a similar type of player. I dont think its any coincidence that Walcott scored a hat trick(fast guy) whilst playing with Heskey in the side. He can occupy two defenders all the time, he can win free kicks, he's another fucking option and also it free's Rooney up to be more of a striker.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Rob

Meh didn't watch it. Down with Sentanta.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Quote from: Kill Crazy on September 11, 2008, 03:29:38 PM
Meh didn't watch it. Down with Sentanta.

Haha, you're poor.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

setanta is bitching. Especially when free

England played a blinder. Cole was decent until elbowed in the head, terry was solid in fact that team was near perfect last night and despite my hatred for emile the donkey heskey, he played a belter. Now if only they would sign the fucking national anthem then it would be awesome

Rob

Yeah, you're right I'm fucking poor. I work full time in a dead end job with no decent qualifications, despite the last 2 years of college and my parents are kicking me out because I cost too much money despite the rent I pay. Sorry for getting a bit upset about this but it's been a really distressing thing for me this past month.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

Jesus Rob chill the fuck out.  If you don't have a decent comedy comback, don't go all bitchy and back people into a corner they can't come out of.

That's a bullshit move, total bullshit.

Trying to make me look like the asshole.

Not my fault your job sucks and your parents are being dicks, fucking hell man.

Peace

Duckman

Black Death

lol...have no idea what the hell  is going on...but it sounds like England won ...great
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am not bragging about it because I dont think there is anything to be excited about to be honest. The 'apparent' quality of the England side should see us wiping the floor with Croatia anyways not calling it a tricky tie away from home. The only time you will see me getting excited is if we beat a World class nation where we should be competiting week in and week out. Otherwise we are only living up to our 'real' expectations really.

As for Setanta, I have boycotted them because they wont show highlights to the general public for away matches.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

On the Setanta thing they are now showing free to air highlights on Sentanta One and also on Setanta.com.  They showed them at half ten on Wednesday and will be doing so after the next set of away games.

The BBC's would rather pay Graham Norton 5 million a year than pay for the football.

ITV plow all their money to Simon Cowel and Ant and Dec.

So you can get free highlights, despite the BBC and ITV not bothering to put in decent bids for them.

Peace

Duckman

Ally

Quote from: Ian Trumps on September 12, 2008, 02:55:23 AM
I am not bragging about it because I dont think there is anything to be excited about to be honest. The 'apparent' quality of the England side should see us wiping the floor with Croatia anyways not calling it a tricky tie away from home.

To be fair to Croatia this is the first time they have actually lost at home! They aren't terrible, very technically gifted and grafters. Just a side we should be beating, however I do agree lets not get overally excited.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Ally on September 12, 2008, 04:27:54 AM
Quote from: Ian Trumps on September 12, 2008, 02:55:23 AM
I am not bragging about it because I dont think there is anything to be excited about to be honest. The 'apparent' quality of the England side should see us wiping the floor with Croatia anyways not calling it a tricky tie away from home.

To be fair to Croatia this is the first time they have actually lost at home! They aren't terrible, very technically gifted and grafters. Just a side we should be beating, however I do agree lets not get overally excited.

True, but we are supposably better than them.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

did USA beat T and T   I forgot
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"