News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

at 9 pounds lost, shall be happy when I hit the 10 mark. Gonna join a gym once my next check arrives.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Nearing in on the two stone mark and have increased muscle mass across my arms and chest again. Feel a complete difference when I play football now as well.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

Oh yeah, Gary has lost 11 already, very fucking happy only 50 more to go.

[/center]

Mark Mania

I'm completely into this.

I'm 6'0" and 204lbs right now. I'm going to Vegas next week. After that I'm slimming down completely. It's been way too long. I'm hoping to get down to 180lbs. I have a slim build, so I should be much thinner than I am. But that goddamn beer belly is causing me problems.

My plan is to stop drinking until I drop the weight, as well as hit the gym and do P90X as well.

Keep me honest brothers!

Doug E Fresh

I've put on 14lbs of muscle during this calendar year. I don't lift all the time and I run a lot so its a slower process. One of my friends told me during drinking last night that I'm noticeably more muscular. That makes me happy lol.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on September 11, 2011, 08:47:25 PM
I've put on 14lbs of muscle during this calendar year. I don't lift all the time and I run a lot so its a slower process. One of my friends told me during drinking last night that I'm noticeably more muscular. That makes me happy lol.

I'm glad to see not everyone is concerned with losing pounds. It's not always the best benchmark. I lost 15 lbs over the summer, which put me at the ideal 22 BMI, but the truth is I had relocated, and quit my gym and had not joined up to a new one yet. I did not lose fat, I lost muscle!

I have joined a local gym again since and am back refereeing soccer games which helps with the cardio. Oh and quit drinking and smoking. Overall I feel in pretty good shape.

One thing that people might laugh at, but that I highly recommend for beginners is the Wii Fit... aside from everything else it made me very conscious of my center of balance and therefore my posture.

Gary

One thing I hate, is reaching that plateu were u stay stuck at the same weight for a few days (sometimes more) makes you think "this isn't worth it" but lately it pushes me even more because instead of I want to lose X amount, when I see that plateu I go "i wanna kick this one pounds ass"

[/center]

Doug E Fresh

Yup it's not all about losing the weight. I made it through that part. Here's my progress:

Summer 2008 - 225lbs
Summer 2009 - 185lbs
Summer 2010 - 155lbs
Summer 2011 - 170lbs

As of Friday morning I was at 172. The goal is to maintain a weight range between 170-180 while putting on a little more muscle and trim a little more fat. I want to maintain my cardio ability thus making the muscle progress go slower. But right now I can run 10K in under an hour and I think that's awesome and I don't want to lose that.

Gary

Starting Basketball for at least 45-60 minutes see how that helps

man basketball for an hour wasn't what I remember it lol, but I feel fucking awesome.

[/center]

Doug E Fresh

Basketball is where its at! I did a lot of that when I first wanted to start losing weight. It's good cardio and running is just so fucking boring lol.

Quote from: Gary on September 16, 2011, 01:49:43 PM
Starting Basketball for at least 45-60 minutes see how that helps

man basketball for an hour wasn't what I remember it lol, but I feel fucking awesome.

Gary

Actually put on a Large shirt for the first time in a while and it fit well! Feb 2012 is the supposed date when I should reach my goal, but I do wanna reach half by at least thanksgiving.

[/center]

Jerry McClean

I've decided that shits going down when I start uni again...so I've put it off for another week. Then I'll have a gym really close and will start playing football again which should all help me tbh.

I have to say that I'm not really doing it for weight loss as such. I don't know 100% how much I weigh, and don't particularly want to know. I just want to do it to improve my fitness and shit like that.

Gary

Mcclean something I learned, when you say you are gonna push it off for x reason its just an excuse. Next week you will find another reason why not to start "classes are to hectic, etc." if there is a path around your house, a park, a bball court just walk it today for an hour trust me once you get into the routine of doing it you'll find yourself feeling way better.

[/center]

Jerry McClean

Quote from: Gary on September 18, 2011, 01:53:06 PM
Mcclean something I learned, when you say you are gonna push it off for x reason its just an excuse. Next week you will find another reason why not to start "classes are to hectic, etc." if there is a path around your house, a park, a bball court just walk it today for an hour trust me once you get into the routine of doing it you'll find yourself feeling way better.

Well I'm planning on paying for my gym fees tomorrow. So maybe my stinginess will make me want to get my money's worth!

Gary

finally broke the 15 pound mark that was kicking my ass last week, 45 to go :)

[/center]