News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Liverpool...

Started by Duckman, October 11, 2010, 04:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Is anyone else as sick of hearing and reading about Liverpool as I am?  Honest to fuck you'd think the club was on loan directly from God the way everyone goes on.

I get it's big drama but why the fuck do I have to see it every damn day on the TV and in the papers?  Especially when, as far as I can tell, fuck all is going to happen until the bunch of greedy cunts go to Court to scrap over the final pieces of meat.

Just utterly sick of it.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

i'm sick of it too.  Uncle Woy sold out and is fucking up left right and centre but he has a team that doesnt care.

What irritates me is the spotlight is continually on Liverpool and not the bigger football orientated stories such as Man City starting to gel, Fulham still undefeated and Blackpools awesome start to the season

jagilki

So..... what's going on?

Adam Wrong

Liverpool were one of the biggest clubs in English football and won more league titles than any other club although in the 90s they started to decline and haven't won the league title for over 20 years now. That is not to say they haven't had success with English and European triumphs to their name but still the Premier League Title eludes them.

About 5 years ago they were bought by the fabled rich owner comprising of Tom Hicks and George Gillett. Liverpool fans rejoiced as they believed that this would be the start of great things. Hicks and Gillett promised a new stadium which was long overdue and a squad to truly challenge for the title.

Then it was revealed that Gillett and Hicks were not as financially stable as they made out. Their lack of keeping their promises, their clashes with fans, their lack of spending money, the lack of a new stadium and the lack of support for the manager meant Liverpool still went with no league title.

At the end of the last season, they parted company with the manager that they had stuck with for years with no success and poached my team's manager as he had had an amazing couple of seasons.

Unfortunately, they still weren't willing to spend money and now Liverpool find themselves in the bottom 3 of the league which could spell relegation at the end of the season if they are not careful which is unheard of.

The main problem is despite perfectly capable bidders offering a good price, the current owners cling onto the club to suffocate in order to either break even or make a profit which will be unlikely as they bought the club with a debt and have failed to keep up repayments. If this keeps up, Liverpool could go into administration and bededucted point which could effectively relegate them.

jagilki

Thanks.  Now your posts make sense.

Hondo

And by "relegate",  you mean "bake delicious pies", right?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Rob

They only get this amount of press because 20 years ago they were an amazing team...

Portsmouth got the same deal last season (when Crystal Palace were practically being ignored). It's such a shame because all the off-pitch drama constantly takes away from the on-pitch stuff. And these fucking wankers obviously don't give a shit about what happens on the pitch, they'd sooner strangle the club they apparently own to a death.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

On the pitch hasn't exactly been all that good for them either. I don't think they can lose many more games before the manager goes. Relegation is looking like a distinct possibility this season.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jerry McClean

Yet I think you all have to admit the final court sessions were really funny. The buyers in a British court; owners in a Texas court. Claims of contempt of court for having held a meeting. The very idea that an American court can rule over a British institutions' sale etc. All in all Hicks and Gillett's pathetic attempts at keeping hold of the club certainly made the final few days of the sale entertaining.

I'm glad it's all sorted out now. But I do wish Liverpool fans would stop seeing it as being their "right" to be at the top of the table.