News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EPL Week One Discussion

Started by Cory, August 15, 2009, 12:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Hopefully we can do this after every week. Ill do mine in point form.

- Drogba/Chelsea played well, even against Hull. The goal conceeded hurted my fantasy tea, tho.
- We got the Villa/Wigan game, poor game from Villa, Wigan looked shaky in the back at times, but damn. With the firepower Villa got, should have won. And playing Heskey over Carew? Not a good call at all.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

chunkylover

Massively proud of West Ham and Man City.

Great game for Wright Phillips who got 2 assists as well as Green who had clean sheet with 7 saves.

Would have got a total of 9 points for using two of my subs. Ilunga also had a good game.

Overall, pretty happy with week one but gonna be editing some of my midfield

Cory

Spurs backline is a wall in the first half against Liverpool.

Dazz

I'm very impressed with the way we played today and hopefully we'll continue to play like that for the rest of the season. You can't judge much from the first game of the season and Liverpool did look particularly poor but it's encouraging to see a performance like that. If the strikers can pull their fingers out and match the defence then this could be a pretty exciting season for us.

UP THE SPURS!

Cory

Im becoming a SPurs fan. Still Arsenal is #1, but Spurs are a close #2, and I'll be cheering for both clubs this season.

Damn, Huddlestone & Palacios were beasts in the middle, and a very good backline. I think Spurs have the 2nd best D in the Prem ATM

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on August 16, 2009, 07:48:19 PM
Im becoming a SPurs fan. Still Arsenal is #1, but Spurs are a close #2, and I'll be cheering for both clubs this season.

Quite honestly mate...as any self respecting football fan you need to retract the above statement!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

FXBlade

Quote from: Sir Ian Trumps on August 17, 2009, 04:18:10 AM
Quote from: Cory on August 16, 2009, 07:48:19 PM

Quite honestly mate...as any self respecting football fan you need to retract the above statement!

Was thinking that myself.  Anyone would think they all went crazy over the summer lol.

But yeah, the Premier League.  Is it me or is that the first time in its history that 10 clubs have taken 3 points from the opening games?  I think they made history myself.

Dazz

It's the first time in the prem that it's happened and I think 1980 was the last time it happened in the top flight. I could be wrong of course but I'm pretty sure that's what they said on MOTD2 last night.

Cory

Fuck it, Im saying it. I think right now Spurs D is better than Liverpool & Man U.

Corluka, King, Bassong, Bale
Evra, O'Shea, Evans, Brown
Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Insua

Really, I cant see why you wouldnt give the nodd to Spurs on this one.

I can see overall no counting injuries, Man U would be better, but for the first few weeks, they're not going to have Rio & Vidic.

FXBlade

It wasn't that spurs aren't good.  Being an Arsenal fan, you know the clubs history right?

That Arsenal fans hate spurs fans, and spurs fans hate arsenal fans right?

Cory

Yeah, both North London.....but I live in Canada so I dont have that 'hate' mentality. I was always a straight Arsenal fan until the last few season, dropping Henry, etc, and now this offseason was horrid, so I went to the team with 2 of my favorite players (Defoe & Corluka).

FXBlade

So your'e one of them!!  lol

I know where your'e coming from, just if you were in north london and said that, expect the nearest pint of beer over your head, and probably the glass lol

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on August 17, 2009, 11:37:54 AM
Yeah, both North London.....but I live in Canada so I dont have that 'hate' mentality. I was always a straight Arsenal fan until the last few season, dropping Henry, etc, and now this offseason was horrid, so I went to the team with 2 of my favorite players (Defoe & Corluka).

Oh dear it gets worse mate...

You just lost 1,000 football cool points by my calculations. Find a way to claw em back Cor!

Cory

Why, I can't have a #2?

I still want Arsenal to win the league, etc, but I also enjoy watching Spurs play. Its not like I wear the two jerseys on gameday or stuf like that, sticking with my Henry Jersey.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on August 17, 2009, 06:52:23 PM
Why, I can't have a #2?

I still want Arsenal to win the league, etc, but I also enjoy watching Spurs play. Its not like I wear the two jerseys on gameday or stuf like that, sticking with my Henry Jersey.

Seriously mate you cant be a fan of both Arsenal and Spurs thats fucking ridiculous. Thats like being a fan of Ramgers and Celtic or United and City. Honestly, don't ever make this public in front of anyone with any decent football knowledge, they will laugh their asses off at you.

And for the record...number 2s in any sport are gay!