News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

To: Danny Butterfield

Started by Rob, February 02, 2010, 04:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Would just like to say thanks for sending us one step closer to Wembley. 

3 great goals from a right back ain't half bad against a Premiership side! What a result for a team that have been told we won't even exist at the end of the year if we carry on without anymore. Bollocks to all the non-believers! Aston Villa struggled against Brighton and only just won 3-2. Wait till they see what the red and blue army are like at home
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

Villa didn't struggle against brighton at all.

we were 3-1 up and the second goal came in the 90th minute.  For how bad the fixture congestion was, Villa fielded a sub par team, but still won.  So I would hate to see what we actually do to Palace with a full strenth side.

Rob

You can't beat Wolves with a full strength side and yet we can beat Wolves with a far from full strength side. Good luck. I think judging by Palace's performance last night, Villa will need as much luck as possible.
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

*pats KC on the head* 

I like your optimism.

Rob

Did you watch the Palace Wolves game by any chance?
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

Nah, i was working.  But it was a replay right?  Palace have had a point to prove this week and they have proved it.  Wolves are still very much a championship team, even though they have premiership status.

We could argue for ever, Im a villa fan, you are a palace fan, we will boh have different opinions.

It is one game, either team could win, thats the FA cup for you.  But as far as cup competitions have gone this season Villa have been on a roll and they have still held their own in the Premier League.  O'neill has everything right this year, and I just don't see Palace as the team to knock us out of the FA cup.

Rob

I see them as very much the team to knock you out simply based on form. Right now we're untouchable despite the fact we've been docked 10 points and we lost to Newcastle the other week. We only had 13 players available for that game, especially as Moses had been taken out of the squad. We showed last night we can still function without Moses and considering we still have McCarthy and Scannell injured. We also have a good chance of entering the play-offs despite the 10 point penalty. How many teams have ever done that?

I think you're making very light of Crystal Palace. Sure there's a division between them, but Palace have the heart and desire to go on and win. And hey, look at Leeds, they're holding Tottenham who are above you in the league
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

And Leeds beat Man Utd who are above us in the league.

Yet Palace beat Wolves who are below us in the league.  And Im sure there have been alot more upsets in the FA cup this year.

Ah well 11 days when the result is in, we shall see.  But I really don't see palace winning this one.

Rob

Well we beat you last time we faced ya, pretty comfortably too. Not so long ago either
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

Quote from: Blade on February 03, 2010, 02:54:32 PM
It is one game, either team could win, thats the FA cup for you. 

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I just cant believe Danny Butterfield got his own thread on EFK.com....wait his own thread anywhere!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Adam Wrong

i wonder if he googles his name...

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]