News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2016 NFL Off-Season Thread

Started by Cory, February 11, 2016, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

He's just on a trail. Browns are going to draft either Wentz or Goff....so they're hoping either McCown/RG3 can do until either of those guys are ready.

With Goff being the only legit day 1 starter in the draft (not saying he is the best QB, but hes the most pro ready) I think the signing of RG3 means they're going Carson Wentz and will take a Jags/Blake Bortles approach....which worked out phenominally.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Doug E Fresh

Dansby didn't want to be a part of a rebuild, and rightfully so...he was when we signed him. Not again.

As for RG3, we can say goodbye McCown and he probably hopes he can play amazingly under Hue and make more money on another contract with another team.

I just hope he plays good enough that we can sit a rookie for a year the right way.

Jon

Man... what a crazy trade for LA to make.

I think they are giving up far too much to take what is IMO, a weak QB class.

I understand Wentz has all the tools you look for in a QB... but I don't like giving up everything they did to select him.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gravedigger

Jaime Ortega didn't cost that much....

Doug E Fresh

Holy shit!

Big City Rams doing big city business.

Cory

I get it, but this is a weak QB class. If these guys we in last years draft maybe Goff would had a chance in the first but Wentz and Lynch would have been day 2 QBs.

Jon

Jack I agree... and if Wentz or Goff end up being great then this becomes null and void...

But IMO...

They should have waited until next season to do it as I think Deshaun Watson is going to be someone special at the next level.

Cory

Quote from: Jon on April 14, 2016, 12:45:40 PM
Jack I agree... and if Wentz or Goff end up being great then this becomes null and void...

But IMO...

They should have waited until next season to do it as I think Deshaun Watson is going to be someone special at the next level.

THIS. The only thing that worries me about Watson is his frame. Running QB's have kinda phased out unless your a 6'6 260lbs freak like Cam. I absolutely love what Watson will bring to the table but he's smaller than RG3...I don't know how durable he'll be. Brad Kayaa is another guy with a lot of potential.

I get the Rams needing a QB and needing to bring as much excitement to the board as they possibly can being back in LA, but that's a lot to give up if they go after a project like Wentz specifically. No QB in this years class ideally should start week 1 but giving up THAT much wouldn't make sense if they're getting a QB to redshirt in 2016.

The great teams in this league always use long term value over reaching for needs. People keep saying Philly will go after Ezekiel Elliot and its madness. Putting aside the fact that's it's incredibly difficult to justify using a top 10 pick on a running back but 2017 Draft has a significantly better running back class. Darren Sproles is another year older now and Ryan Mathews will be judged by his season as the starter. NOW, you'll potentially get multiple backs that are in the same category as an Ezekiel Elliot (maybe better) in Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb and guys that are close like Wayne Gallman, Semaje Perine and Royce Freeman. The sheer number of backs alone also tells you that a comparable player to Elliot will be available in the back half of the 1st round all the way to the 3rd....not top 10.

My point is the Rams haven't been good in a very long time, and deals like this though understandable is why.

¿PapaPancho?

Doesn't make sense to say the management team had to pull the trigger to keep their jobs when a rookie qb doesn't succeed immediately more often than not and is just another project.

Gravedigger

Quote from: Cory on April 14, 2016, 01:58:41 PM
THIS. The only thing that worries me about Watson is his frame. Running QB's have kinda phased out unless your a 6'6 260lbs freak like Cam. I absolutely love what Watson will bring to the table but he's smaller than RG3...I don't know how durable he'll be. Brad Kayaa is another guy with a lot of potential.

I get the Rams needing a QB and needing to bring as much excitement to the board as they possibly can being back in LA, but that's a lot to give up if they go after a project like Wentz specifically. No QB in this years class ideally should start week 1 but giving up THAT much wouldn't make sense if they're getting a QB to redshirt in 2016.

The great teams in this league always use long term value over reaching for needs. People keep saying Philly will go after Ezekiel Elliot and its madness. Putting aside the fact that's it's incredibly difficult to justify using a top 10 pick on a running back but 2017 Draft has a significantly better running back class. Darren Sproles is another year older now and Ryan Mathews will be judged by his season as the starter. NOW, you'll potentially get multiple backs that are in the same category as an Ezekiel Elliot (maybe better) in Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb and guys that are close like Wayne Gallman, Semaje Perine and Royce Freeman. The sheer number of backs alone also tells you that a comparable player to Elliot will be available in the back half of the 1st round all the way to the 3rd....not top 10.

My point is the Rams haven't been good in a very long time, and deals like this though understandable is why.

Elliot is considered one of the top RB prospects, along with Gurley, since Peterson...

Fournette will be a better thought of prospect, but none of those others unless Cook jumps up. McCaffrey is looked at as a 3-4 round guy. Not saying Eagles should draft EZ, but he's considered better than most of those guys you mentioned.

Gravedigger

Eagles just moved to 2 in the draft...

Jon

Quote from: Ben on April 20, 2016, 01:54:52 PM
Eagles just moved to 2 in the draft...

Fucking hell...

I hate this team sometimes.

Doug E Fresh

Go Browns!!

So you Philly boys happy to add another QB to the fold?

Gravedigger

With the second pick in the NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select:

K Roberto Aguayo, Florida State

T-Bonizzle

Oh man that sucks for the Eagles.

Also it sucks for the Browns because they are TERRIBLE at drafting. More picks to mess up!