News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2016 NFL Off-Season Thread

Started by Cory, February 11, 2016, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on April 20, 2016, 02:48:09 PM
Go Browns!!

So you Philly boys happy to add another QB to the fold?

Wentz is two years away at best. Yikes.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

I'll be honest, when I heard this on the radio my immediate thought was "oh man Cory is going to be praising the shit out of this move."

I am pleasantly surprised.

Cory

Quote from: T-Long on April 20, 2016, 03:56:02 PM
I'll be honest, when I heard this on the radio my immediate thought was "oh man Cory is going to be praising the shit out of this move."

I am pleasantly surprised.

I've said all along Wentz/Goff would have been day 2 QB's last year, and their value is vastly overrated due to the very weak class this year. Giving up so much and still the Rams might draft the QB we wanted is crazy. We also have a lot of holes that need filling and we traded away our prime value picks the next two seasons. Still need a starting corner, guard, and tackle to groom at least.

I think with Bradford being the QB in 2016, Wentz is who I want, but still giving up so much assets for a player who will sit his rookie year is crazy. Similar QB's teams did not reach. Bortles was there for Jax, Aaron Rodgers fell to the Packers. I don't remember a team moving up to draft a QB to groom, especially to this magnitude.

EDIT: ONLY way this deal makes sense is all the QB minds Philly has on the coaching staff is solid on Wentz and they feel with the QB market being weak they can flip Bradford next season for substantial picks to one of the few projected QB hungry teams that will miss out on Watson/Kayaa....of if they're lying to our face and are going to flip Bradford to Denver before the draft. I mean you have to feel very confident that teams will overlook Bradfords injury history and a dude with 0 playoff wins but then again who saw Brock Osweiler getting $80 million whens hes had 1 game over 300 yards and got benched for a 40 year old with a noodle arm?

Eagles need to sign Fletcher Cox next year and he's going to get Ndamukong Suh money. Wentz (ugh, or Goff) sits, maybe plays at the end of the season in meaningless games but will be the 2017 starter. Eagles trade Bradford to Broncos/Jets/49ers/Bills for something modest and now have that $22 million cap hit Bradford has next year to resign Fletcher and Bennie Logan long term.

J-Reb

Quote from: Jack on April 20, 2016, 04:50:04 PM
IF (and it's a big if) their QB pick works out, it's worth it.

No price to high for a great QB.

And it's worked so many times....

Cory

I see Goff as a less athletic Alex Smith and Wentz as a poor mans Ben Roethlisberger....so kinda agree with Jack's prediction.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: T-Long on April 20, 2016, 03:09:19 PM
Oh man that sucks for the Eagles.

Also it sucks for the Browns because they are TERRIBLE at drafting. More picks to mess up!

Hey! More picks to mess up but MAYBE we'll get a couple right lol

Cory

in other news Josh Norman is a free agent

Cory

Quote from: Jack on April 20, 2016, 07:41:33 PM
Thinking Norman either stays with Carolina or goes to a team that is weak with a big salary cap and disappears from relevance for a year or two.

Or the Patriots get him. Because that's just how football works.

He seems like the type of player Bellichick would avoid....I could see him going to the Jags or 49ers, both have needs at corner and the top 2 cap spaces remaining. Would like to see the Jags do well next season, he'd be a big part of that.

Cory

Not a great day for myself...

Sam Bradford reportedly demands a trade and wont be showing up to off-season training, thus greatly impacting his value on the trade market..

...and on a Fantasy Football note my keeper in my keeper league Mr. Tom Brady got his 4 game suspension back. I wonder if it'll hold up this time?

Fuck.

¿PapaPancho?

Jon

When we made the trade up to #2...

I knew that meant Bradford was going to be traded. I don't care really, he wasn't going to lead us to the playoffs this season. So no big deal to me. Makes too much money for what he produces on the field.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

J-Reb

Quote from: Jon on April 25, 2016, 02:50:39 PM
When we made the trade up to #2...

I knew that meant Bradford was going to be traded. I don't care really, he wasn't going to lead us to the playoffs this season. So no big deal to me. Makes too much money for what he produces on the field.

The cap hit is going to brutal if they trade him now.

Jon

Quote from: J-Reb on April 25, 2016, 02:57:02 PM

I'm sure that will be talked about in the trade... or so I'd hope.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: J-Reb on April 25, 2016, 02:57:02 PM

Well of the $11m signing bonus we've paid $5 of that so I assume in a trade the receiving team would pick up the rest....and seeing how he wants the trade I'd assume him/his agent would work on the cap hit.