Killer Kowalski passes away.

Started by Duckman, August 30, 2008, 01:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From Prowrestling.net:

Walter "Killer" Kowalski died on Friday night in a Massachusetts hospital at age 81. He'd been living in a nursing home for a few months with knee problems. He suffered a heart attack on Aug. 8 and was eventually removed from life support. You can read a story on Kowalski at Slam Wrestling.

RIP Kowalski, he was a legitmate bad ass by all accounts.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

KenFucious

Rob

Oh damn that sucks. He trained Triple H so I wouldn't be surprised if Hunter is affected by this. I hope the WWE pay tribute to him because whilst I've not seen anything, I've read only good stuff.
SixersEagles

[/center]

TaNK

Russ

Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Killa Jay

I knew it was coming but damn it sucks.

RIP Kowalski. You will be missed

Black Death

it always sucks when someone dies... he will be missed
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

The Murph

Some wrestlers come out and call themselves legend. Most of them just wish they were. Killer Kowalski didn't have to wish that. Very few people can even hold a candle to the claim that they were as good in the ring, and had an impact like he did.

This man at 81 was taken off a machine where most people die within minutes of being unplugged from. Killer actually tried to fight it and had pushed up the inevitable for a couple of days before it took him. He proved even at deaths door, he wouldn't go without a fight. He will be missed and is someone who will never be forgotten in the world of wrestling.

RIP Walter "Killer" Kowalski you truly are a legend

Tezmission Black

TNAwrestling.com received the following statement from Kazarian via email on Saturday afternoon on the passing of his mentor:

I was just woken up by a phone call that I have been dreading. My good friend Steve King just called and informed me that our dear friend and trainer Walter "Killer" Kowalski has passed away.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have always attributed Walter with all of my success in pro wrestling. He took in a 20 year old kid who had traveled 3,000 miles from southern California, and embraced him like a son. He was kind enough to pass on his extensive, and unique knowledge of this business to me.

From day one, Walter became my trainer, and my friend. He guided me through every step of pro wrestling, but more importantly, taught me how to be a genuine, good person, and to treat others with respect, dignity and class.

I owe so much to Walter, that I could never put it all in words. The time we spent together is and always will be some of the most precious memories I have, and I will keep it in a special place in my heart.

So much of the best things that have happened to me are a direct result of his mentoring. The people I have met, the relationships I have made, and my success in and out of the ring are a direct result of him. Walter loved angels. We had many conversations about them on our regular trips to church that we both enjoyed on Sundays. To me, and anyone who knew him, Walter was an angel. He was a gentleman, friend, and honestly one of the best people to come into my life. Walter, I love you and I could never sing your praise enough. You set me on a path in this business, and in life, that has been in one word, a dream.

Rest in the kingdom of heaven my dear friend, as you are now amongst the angels that you loved.

Your student, friend, and brother in Christ.

Frankie

This is just the end of what TNA has about him on there website, the true emotion of this e-mail shows how loved he was by the wrestling world.