News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Gerweck Quotes Me

Started by Jonny Worldbeater, August 30, 2008, 10:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Worldbeater

Yesterday at approximately 7:29pm, I was on the WrestleCrap Forums posting in a thread about the possibility of Go Shiozaki getting a tryout match for WWE following Takeshi Morishima's dark match tryout and the rumours that he disrespected the tryout by showing up 'in that kind of shape'

For those unfamiliar with Morishima, this is what he looks like:

Sure, not a ripped, musclebound, jacked up guy like WWE usually looks for, but a badass mofo nonetheless and a fearsome puro competitor who has been compared in style to that of Stan 'The Lariat' Hansen, 'Jumbo' Tsuruta and Terry Gordy.

Anyway, following the stupidity of that rumour, I posted the following joke in the Go Shiozaki thread at 7:29 pm on August 29th.

Quote from: chairshotshurthead on Aug 29, 2008, 7:28pm
QuoteAs reported, Go Shiozaki wrestled a dark match prior to RAW this week, defeating Carlito in 3 minutes.

The general feeling backstage is that Shiozaki disrespected his tryout by showing up 'too Asian'.

Four minutes later on the wrestling news website Gerweck.net (a legitimate and fairly well known wrestling news site), the following was 'reported'.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1220052735.shtml

Quote from: Chris Johnson - Friday, August 29 2008 - 7:32 PMAnother NOAH star gets WWE tryout
- Pro Wrestling NOAH star Go Shiozaki who also works for Ring of Honor had a tryout dark match before this past Monday's Raw and defeated Carlito in less than three minutes. WWE apparently has no interest in him after seeing him work the match. Vince McMahon apparently said he is "Too Asian".

What a dipshit.

Zombie Gunn

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jagilki

JB, you've been on f'n fire on WC.

That shit in the Sasuke thread f'n rules.

Jonny Worldbeater

http://rohwrestling.com/MessageBoard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43266

Oh My GOD. I seriously cannot believe how this bullshit story is making the rounds.

Duckman

Holy shit!  The wrestling community gets dumber by the minute!

Well done JB this whole thing totally cracked me up!  lol.

Awesome.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Bryan

LOL

I raised an eyebrow when I read that on Wrestlinginc earlier (that's where I usually read wrestling news). They said this:

QuoteI can report that Pro Wrestling NOAH star Go Shiozaki (who also works for Ring of Honor often), had a tryout dark match before this past Monday's RAW and defeated Carlito in less than three minutes. That shows you what they still think of Carlito these days. WWE apparently has no interest in him after seeing him work the match. I can actually confirm that Vince McMahon said to an agent/producer backstage that he was "Too Asian". This is of course great news for ROH fans who really love this guys work. He's an amazing talent and appears for ROH regularly.

wow, tells you how accurate the dirt sheets really can be...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: NODQFormer Ring of Honor Champion and current NOAH GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima had another WWE dark match at this past week’s WWE SmackDown/ECW tapings. Morishima was accompanied by Tony Atlas and defeated Jamie Noble before the ECW and SmackDown tapings begun. Thus far, we don't have much to report on Takeshi Morishima's WWE dark matches this week. WWE did have to get permission from NOAH to use him on the show. Harley Race set up the whole thing as his WLW promotion has a working agreement with NOAH.

Now this was posted the 20th of August on NODQ.com a site I use...

I havent found JB's post on there as of yet...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

it shows ...alot of the dirt sheets are guys picking up rumors and running with it because it sounds cool ..."Too Asian"  that cracks me up. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Marq

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Jonny Worldbeater

OMFG...

This is the best thing ever.

News sites are now reporting that this week, before RAW, Go Shiozaki was actually given a dark match tryout, jobbing to Jimmy Wang Yang. It's even being reported by actually reputable sites like pwinsiderand wrestling observer.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/6586/124/

QuoteEarly Raw and Smackdown spoilers from St. Louis - Members special

Dark match jimmy wang yang def Go Shiozaki with tony atlas

Epic beyond words.

Jimmy Chisel

What this shows you is that a lot of  wrestling journalists can barely be deserving of the title "journalists". They either cut and paste from Meltzer or from the WO in general and then liberally edit and change reports. Or just straight make stuff up.

Your general editorializing comes in the form of Anti-WWE and Anti-HHH propaganda. Remember for months and months we were hearing CM Punk was in the dog house, that HHH and HBK hated his style etc. etc. Then low and behold CM Punk is World Heavyweight Champion?   

So yeah, this didn't surprise me one bit when I heard it the other day on EWB.

Khristian Call

Would it really be a shock though if this had any truth?  Unlike the rest of the world, the WWF(E) and Vince McMahon have made seemingly zero progress when it comes to foreign born athletes within the company.  It's still the same prejudiced, chauvanistic, stereotypical place that it was 20 years ago.  Think about it, when's the last time a foreign born wrestler was shown as a legit threat?  Umaga?  Sorry, he's portrayed as a savage who can barely construct a sentence.  Every Asian wrestler that has come through, pretty much a stereotype.  Kudos for Taka and Funaki for putting up with it and playing it up.  Hell Tajiri had to tell Vince that his Yakuza angle was a bad idea before Vince got assassinated (they don't fuck around).  Yokozuna?  Evil sumo.  Why is he evil?  Not really sure.  He's foreign?  Oh, okay.  Shelton Benjamin.  You're too black, so dye your hair and we'll give you a title push.  We did it for Butch Reed 20 years ago.  So yeah, as silly as it sounds, it really, really would not surprise me if those words came out of the mouths of someone at the Stamford offices.