News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

*TNA Spoilers* Feb 3rd and Feb 10th (page 2)

Started by jagilki, January 31, 2011, 08:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

Quote from: Marq on February 03, 2011, 07:31:38 PM
And to be fair, DQ -- this massive alignment change was only done to make up for the bust with the Main Event Mafia. Revealing Anderson, Morgan, and all the other top babyfaces as the main members of "They" would've sucked 'cause we already KNOW they're against Immortal. Fortune, it's a twist, but I can see it working. And to TNA's credit -- the turn'll make sense for Styles, at least, who's been derided and denigrated by Bischoff/Flair for the last several weeks.

My questions is -- will they still be "Fortune" if they're not down with Flair? I know Flair wasn't at the tapings, but does this mean he's turning, too?

Yeah but when does it end though Marq... how can we take AJ seriously as a face when history shows that he will turn again at the drop of a hat, first opportunity. You mention Anderson as a face? People are buying him as a face after everything he said about the troops which still does not seem that long ago. And Morgan was such a badass until he jumped on the concussion bandwagon. Honestly, how many wrestlers in TNA have been consistant in their allegiences for at least 12 months?

Therefore there are no twists... or better yet, yeah revealing the top faces WOULD have been a twist, because twists themselves are not twists anymore... how many times does someone have to change before it is not even a shock anymore?

Having said all that.... yes, this IS the best potential storyline I've heard about since the entire Hogan/Bischoff era... but the fact so much stupidity has happened along the way undermines it... it comes back to how can we take any face or heel seriously? And to much damage has been done that way.

AJ should be the face of the company? Didn't TNA decide that during the MEM/frontline story... and again during his series with Angle? But they didn't stick with that thinking for very long did they? What makes you think this time will be any different. Sure he'll be the face while there's all this evil political takeover stuff going on... then when it's over he'll have a chance to double-cross someone to win a cheap world title and somebody increative will be proud of coming up with this "twist"

Gary

I actually watched Impact..and honestly the crowd size really affects moments like the Fourtune turn, had it been in a decent sized arena with a lot of fans, the pop would've been impressive. I liked AJ's promo also..he has improved, although the shoelace line was god awful. Oh and can TNA stop referencing WWE?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Black Death

lol

what I find funny is the segment were Red brother  chokes AJ with the chain , few shows back .  telling him that they are coming in two weeks ...  so AJ was with him so in storywise he told his man , on his side to choke him for real to look good . 

don't know why I found that funny . 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Marq

Quote from: Drama Queen on February 03, 2011, 09:57:42 PM
Yeah but when does it end though Marq... how can we take AJ seriously as a face when history shows that he will turn again at the drop of a hat, first opportunity. You mention Anderson as a face? People are buying him as a face after everything he said about the troops which still does not seem that long ago. And Morgan was such a badass until he jumped on the concussion bandwagon. Honestly, how many wrestlers in TNA have been consistant in their allegiences for at least 12 months?

Therefore there are no twists... or better yet, yeah revealing the top faces WOULD have been a twist, because twists themselves are not twists anymore... how many times does someone have to change before it is not even a shock anymore?

Having said all that.... yes, this IS the best potential storyline I've heard about since the entire Hogan/Bischoff era... but the fact so much stupidity has happened along the way undermines it... it comes back to how can we take any face or heel seriously? And to much damage has been done that way.

AJ should be the face of the company? Didn't TNA decide that during the MEM/frontline story... and again during his series with Angle? But they didn't stick with that thinking for very long did they? What makes you think this time will be any different. Sure he'll be the face while there's all this evil political takeover stuff going on... then when it's over he'll have a chance to double-cross someone to win a cheap world title and somebody increative will be proud of coming up with this "twist"

Those are fair points, DQ, and I'm not saying that this is the greatest angle in wrestling history for obvious reasons. What I AM saying is that given the circumstances, this IS the best they could come up with, and I actually liked the segment on finaly segment on Impact a lot, to be honest. There was some slight awkwardness from AJ AND Bischoff, but I've heard far worse. Regardless, yeah it's gonna look and sound weird that Crimson was choking out AJ, but the MAIN difference between that and the Abyss/Jeff Hardy deal is that, for all we know, the original "They" storyline had that in from the beginning. This clearly wasn't, and I don't understand even comparing the two. Plus, this puts Fortune against Immortal, which really, it should've been from the start. Flair's group playing lackeys for Hogan's never sat right with me. I just wish that the Immortal camp had more firepower, 'cause right now they've got the Hardys, Abyss, Rob Terry, and Gunner/Murphy -- not exactly gonna strike fear in the hearts of many.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

MattWard

If you recall crimson choked Abyss first, then he choked AJ, they turned it as Fortune as they at the last minute which turned out to be the highest rated segment i believe last night. but something tells me that Foley is a mastermind of the group that Angle, Steiner, and Crimson are in.

Marq

Didn't Crimson murder Abyss with Janice? His spiked 2x4?
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Marq on February 04, 2011, 10:36:01 AM
Those are fair points, DQ, and I'm not saying that this is the greatest angle in wrestling history for obvious reasons. What I AM saying is that given the circumstances, this IS the best they could come up with, and I actually liked the segment on finaly segment on Impact a lot, to be honest. There was some slight awkwardness from AJ AND Bischoff, but I've heard far worse. Regardless, yeah it's gonna look and sound weird that Crimson was choking out AJ, but the MAIN difference between that and the Abyss/Jeff Hardy deal is that, for all we know, the original "They" storyline had that in from the beginning. This clearly wasn't, and I don't understand even comparing the two. Plus, this puts Fortune against Immortal, which really, it should've been from the start. Flair's group playing lackeys for Hogan's never sat right with me. I just wish that the Immortal camp had more firepower, 'cause right now they've got the Hardys, Abyss, Rob Terry, and Gunner/Murphy -- not exactly gonna strike fear in the hearts of many.

They brought back Hernandez on the next taping. Glad to see him return and as a heel, I miss the old LAX days, that'd be a class feud, Beer Money vs LAX.

Now that they are actually bringing in guys I'm getting more and more intrigued with how it'll pan out. I wonder who else they're gonna bring in. They need someone for the X division as well :D (El Generico fingers crossed!!!!!!!)

Quote from: Marq on February 04, 2011, 11:19:22 AM
Didn't Crimson murder Abyss with Janice? His spiked 2x4?

That was hilarious seeing Abyss wobble out, fall and die on IMPACT. Abyss wanted time off, Crimson needed to get over, why not stab the fucker in the back? ;)

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

MattWard

if LAX came back to TNA they would be the team that joins imorrtal

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: MattWard on February 04, 2011, 12:36:54 PM
if LAX came back to TNA they would be the team that joins imorrtal

Well, yes, that's what I implied lol.

Never the less, it'd be great to see LAX return. Really got my fingers crossed for the Brittish Invasion to return, I miss desmond so damn much!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Jon Tees

Something tells me that Flair is going to remain in alignment with Hogan/Bischoff as a heel. He’ll either do this outright or he’ll swerve Styles and Fortune making them think he’s with them and then betray them shortly there after (most likely later the same night.) he obviously doesn’t appear to have been “in on it.” or if he was it wasn’t apparent. I can also see a reformed British Invasion  (Williams, Magnus, Terry with the addition of Wolfe) aligning with Immortal to make the group stronger. Add to that other people who previously feuded with Fortune as faces who could now be turned heel as part of Immortal.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Triple B

Quote from: Drama Queen on February 03, 2011, 09:57:42 PM

This is why I think the constant heel/face turns are stupid JDM.  If this was a one thing to cover for the MEM all taking off, sure, I'd be ok with it.  But... they do this shit constantly.  You can probably count on one hand the amount of people who have stayed their allignment during their TNA runs consistantly (not counting people with short runs of a few months ala Robbie E.)

I agree that having AJ Styles at the top of the card as the face of TNA trying to rep it is a good idea.  However, I can't really buy into it personally, even if I really tried.  AJ has been a face, heel and back and forth.  They just spent the last year trying to convince us that AJ is supposed to be the next Ric Flair, and the big rep of the monster heel stable.  To do that, they made that entire stable be the lackeys of Immortal, and AJ wasn't even the guy who made the biggest splash in that stable.  He lost the TV Title that he sort of made up, and was apparently ok with it.  The other guys were involved in either feuds, or won belts that meant a bit more, and now, we're supposed to buy him as a face because they magically turned a switch the next week?

I don't buy it.  I'm sorry if this means everyone thinks I hate TNA, cause I don't.  But I hate what they keep doing to what could be some of the best stuff in wrestling right now, and they just fuck it up over and over and over again.  It just drains on you after time, when show after show, ppv after ppv, they keep promising things they can't do.  They keep throwing shit on the wall, and think that it'll work.  And at the end of the day, when they FINALLY get something to go well, it feels like it's never because they PLANNED it that way, they just fell ass backwards into it, and it's only a matter of time until they either don't capitolize on it, or fuck it up.  And almost always it's both.

I'd love to get behind ROH (which has some GREAT stuff), but with the loss of the TV Deal, and the shoddy production values, it's hard to get behind that either.  And WWE, while looking the best, is pretty predictable with a few standouts here or there (CM Punk, Miz, Morrison, etc).  I hate what WWE does to their Tag Teams there with a passion.  I hate what TNA does to their entire show with a passion.  And I hate the way ROH looks with a passion.  Until someone comes along, and realizes that if they could just do what the three of them do RIGHT, and slap THAT together, wrestling isn't going to be THAT exciting.  Take the booking of ROH with the talent of TNA and the look and format of WWE, and  you have one hell of a wrestling company.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.