News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

ROH announce Survival Of The Fittest field

Started by Duckman, September 11, 2008, 02:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From ROHwrestling.com

The entire field for "Survival Of The Fittest 2008" on 10/10 in Coral Springs, FL has been announced. These athletes will compete in six single matches during the first half of the card. The winners of those bouts will then go to the elimination match main event. The winner of that one will be "Survival Of The Fittest" champion and receive a future shot at the ROH World Title. There will be a new "Survival Of The Fittest" Champion this year as only those who have not won the tourney are allowed in it. Someone will have a chance to either climb the card or get a ROH World Title shot. The 12 participants for ROH's debut in Coral Springs, FL are:
-Austin Aries
-Jerry Lynn
-Kevin Steen
-El Generico
-Tyler Black
-Davey Richards
-Chasyn Rance
-Kenny King
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Mitch Franklin
-Erick Stevens
-The Necro Butcher
-The single qualifying bouts will be announced starting next week in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire.

It's a really great line up for what is ROH's version of King of the Ring.  I love tournaments in wrestling and it's fantastic to see ROH bringing this format back.

My pick to win this?  I see Tyler Black taking this and confirming his position as a main event talent in ROH.  Black has had some of the best matches in ROH this year and his promo skills are improving with each show he speaks on. 

These are always great shows and with the field this strong I can't wait for this show to come out DVD as it's always a must buy!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"