*Spoilers* Post Your Reaction to the Cena/Lesnar Match

Started by JakeV, April 29, 2012, 11:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeV

Quote from: undergroundwa on April 30, 2012, 06:00:41 PM
Not seen it, not seen anything from the PPV, but was it really that bad? I take it there sin't much point in going wasting three hours of my life on it.

lol, the match (and the PPV!) was actually really good. This thread was originally supposed to be a "post your reaction to the events that transpired after the match." It's no big deal, though!

I recommend watching Extreme Rules, even though I don't think it would be as good without Russ doing awesome LiveChat commentary during the event.

Believe!

Black Death

jake ... the commentary about the show  on the SB is  what we do ... you should be here for raw tonight.

fun had by all
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Didnt see the show, but reading results, SPDougie kinda hit the nail on the head.

You bring in a returning star, claim he's the one to legitimize the sport, hype him as a monster, and then he loses his first match to a guy whose getting his deserved break. Kills all of the momentum that your trying to build. Those who say "it took a chain, ect to beat him"...doesnt matter how.....he still lost. Remember Goldbergs streak....thats a monster. You win, you can't lose no matter what, 6 on 1, chairs, cheap shots, still win. Thats how you book a monster.

Now (if Lesnar won) it was holy shit he beat Cena in a brtual match, made Cena have to leave, damn. Who's next? [/goldberg] Lesnar goes on a tear, fills Cena's spot as the big guy on Raw, Then Cena returns for redemption and sets up a big match.

But you have Cena whose leaving, and now Lesnar's hype as a monster is gone. He lost. The monster was stopped at a PPV....the 1st PPV, and now no matter what its gonna be "congrats you beat him, oh yeah remember when Cena beat you".

The ONLY way this route makes any sense is if the plan is for Lesnar to go over on Cena upon returning....., kinda in a "im going to go on a tear while your gone so that when you come back I'm going to beat you".

I think this was a terrible call IMO, made little sense unless the above scenario is what's in the books.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Cena winning was the right choice. He already lost to Rock and Tensai within the space of a month, and I seriously doubt that the feud's over just because Cena took the first match. To lose effectively by sucker punch does not diminish Brock all that much. He still looks like a killer, and he got his heat right back by destroying Triple H. There's such a thing as looking good in defeat, and Brock wasn't made out to be a chump at all.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."